Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Maggie is almoast four months old now and her hair is getting very long , I can’t take her to a groomer so I groom her myself. Now, I don’t have all the materials profetional grommets have so I use what I can to get her hair to be straight and fluffy but I can’t manage to stop the ears and around the face from curling . If anyone has any advice that would be great thank you so much :)

·
Registered
697 Posts
She is getting super cute!
Here is what I would start with, if you are not line brushing then start now. So, I would brush the curls out with a brushing spray, and if you want you could also just high velocity dry them, after wetting them with a bit of water. Otherwise just brush at-least every other day with a brushing-finishing spray, something that will keep the coat from breaking.
Also if you have not already start teaching her how to lay on her side when she is groomed. One of our members here has a youtube channel called Asher_The_Show_Spoo. If I remember correctly she said how to teach them to get used to laying on their sides when brushed.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
If you have a regular blow dryer, you can straighten hair by brushing the hair as you blow dry. Keep the heat Set to low and pay attention to how hot if feels on your hand so it doesn’t get too hot for your dog.

Reactions: EVpoodle

·
Registered
5 Posts
So Maggie is almoast four months old now and her hair is getting very long , I can’t take her to a groomer so I groom her myself. Now, I don’t have all the materials profetional grommets have so I use what I can to get her hair to be straight and fluffy but I can’t manage to stop the ears and around the face from curling . If anyone has any advice that would be great thank you so much :)
View attachment 468398 View attachment 468399
You can brush her hair from time to time. It will make her super pretty. And you can also straighten her hair with a blow dryer. Make sure it is not to hot for your dog to handle. Check the temperature.

·
Premium Member
4,023 Posts
I just air dry. The result will be a curly coat. There are many posts that deal with straightening the hair - but that doesn't seem like something you want. Still will need brushing (I use a Bass pin brush) and a comb( often called greyhound comb). Finally if this is a puppy, you will need to brush & comb on a daily regular basis. Curly coats -you don't see that much of them probably because the breed is shown in some fru fru coats so that is why you probably don't see curly coats too often.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts