Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I groomed Cleo yesterday and used the Wahl diamond 5 in 1 for the first time. It worked well on her face, but not at all well with a metal comb on her body--and the hair wasn't all that long. I ended up using the regular blade on her body, and that was fine. Now, i see there are a bunch of little hairs caught in the teeth of the diamond blade, and the brush that comes with the clippers is no help. They're short, so it's tough to grab them with my fingers and pull them out--any advice?

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
I believe wahl has directions on their web.

I found instructions years ago written by someone who sharpens blades. I remove the blade and use the soft brush to brush away most hair from both the clipper and blade. I shove a pipe cleaner in between the blade To remove any build up. Instead of a can of air, I use my vacuum to pick up stray hairs. Lastly I reattach the blade, add 3 drops of blade oil and run the clipper with blades in each position then wipe excess oil off.

Reactions: MustLoveDogs

·
Registered
351 Posts
That's how I clean blades too, but I don't slide the moveable blade all the way off since it's such a pain to put it back on. I slide it 2/3 of the way off to one side, clean it, and then slide it 2/3 of the way to the other side and clean again. That way I get the whole blade properly cleaner- I use a toothbrush- and don't have to worry about dropping and loosing the little plastic slider.
That's for my 'normal' blades- the 30, 10, etc. I don't have that 5-in-1 though, mine is a nonbranded but it has a lever to lift and separate the two blade parts so I can clean in between them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts