Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you with multiple standards how do they get along? I have a neighbor that has 5 and they all run together. Is this unusual? My Shepherds would never do that.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I have two standards and a havanese and they love, love, love eachother. They don't just coexist, they are a pack. Romeo (my cream male) is an ALFA, leader of the pack and when we are at the park and sees other poodles, they are immediately accepted into the pack, but not other dogs.

Are you considering getting a standard?

·
Registered
646 Posts
I have 2 and they deffinatly get along some days to well LOL.
Though at the dog park Casey is not fussy.
Another forum i am on a lady has 5 wonder if is your neighbour. Most people I know have at least 2 spoos know very few that kept it to one.

We are having our Toronto meet up in less then 2 weeks at a dog park should be interesting who plays with who will have lots of pics.

They just had a Florida meet last month with I belive 13 spoos and all got along

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
They don't just coexist, they are a pack. Romeo (my cream male) is an ALFA, leader of the pack and when we are at the park and sees other poodles, they are immediately accepted into the pack, but not other dogs.
I've noticed this with a lot of different breeds.... which can only lead me to the conclusion that dogs do recognize their own breed. My neighbor owns 2 Dobermans (which I regularly pet sit) and when you take them to the dog park they instantly see or just accept other Dobermans..... same thing with greyhounds. And especially with greyhounds that are retired from racing.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Those of you with multiple standards how do they get along? I have a neighbor that has 5 and they all run together. Is this unusual? My Shepherds would never do that.
My friend that I got my Ki-ki from has 9 and most of them run together, one thing I have noticed is that poodles will actually tend to be "breedist" LOL They will pick on as a group other breed dogs they are around unless there are no other spoos around, but they are NOT aggressive, it is just a play pick on, like they know "one of things is not like the other, one of these things does not belong" LOL Sesame street lol. But she does have an altered male who does only get along with certain other spoos she has. Even if you get a couple spoos together and put a toy or mini poodle in with them, for some reason they will rally round the little dog lol like its a game lol. close supervision is reccomended unless you are certain that the spoos, will not play "stomp" the little dog lol. They tend to "rear up" like a horse lol, and stomp down on the little ones, not meaning to hurt them but that is just how they play. They are characters!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts