Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes I need to go back and update an older thread. The search function was very practical in the old forum but I can’t seem to find how to make it work here.

I tried the advanced search but it lists all my posts and there are hundreds of them...

Help please !

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Dechi, I think you can find them by clicking on your avatar that is in the upper right side of the screen up under the red poodle. Then click on my profile then click discussions

·
Registered
6,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dechi, I think you can find them by clicking on your avatar that is in the upper right side of the screen up under the red poodle. Then click on my profile then click discussions
I have seen this option too and it lists all comments, not just threads. There must be a way, forums usually allow searching for your own threads.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Reading this again reminded of something posted either here in this thread, or one of the other forums, same topic, which is apparently still not fixed.

The software isn't distinguishing between threads (discussions) started by you and any replies you've made by going the route Skylar suggested. It should work, but it doesn't yet.

What might be close to what you're asking for is this, posted by Cricket a while back:

How To Find Subscribed Threads

Click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select “following” from the drop-down menu.

This will bring you to a page where you can choose to view followed discussions, forums, your discussions, and participated discussions.

- Cricket

-------------------------------

Click Avatar> Click Following > Click My Discussions (not the example shown) and when I did that, I saw only threads that I had started.

I hadn't noticed that this Advanced Search doesn't have the fine tuning options that the prior AS did til just now.

·
Registered
6,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What might be close to what you're asking for is this, posted by Cricket a while back:
Bingo ! It works, thank you ! « My discussions » are my threads, so that’s exactly what I was looking for.

I wonder what the difference is between « Followed discussions » and « Participated discussions » ? The look exactly the same to me, ie all my replies.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Woohoo!!🎉🎆🥂

Who'da thought just a month ago that finding your own dang threads would be cause for celebration!

·
Administrator
698 Posts
Bingo ! It works, thank you ! « My discussions » are my threads, so that’s exactly what I was looking for.

I wonder what the difference is between « Followed discussions » and « Participated discussions » ? The look exactly the same to me, ie all my replies.
Followed discussions are threads you like to follow, but may not have commented on. That way you can still get updates on it even if you don't have anything to contribute at that time.

You may not have a poodle picture to share (yet) but still want to see any and all new posts from that section.

Just as an example :)

-Gerrit

·
Registered
6,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Followed discussions are threads you like to follow, but may not have commented on. That way you can still get updates on it even if you don't have anything to contribute at that time.

You may not have a poodle picture to share (yet) but still want to see any and all new posts from that section.

Just as an example :)

-Gerrit
I wonder if it’s really working because both lists look like the same and I have not used the « Follow » option so why do I have followed discussions ?

·
Administrator
698 Posts
I wonder if it’s really working because both lists look like the same and I have not used the « Follow » option so why do I have followed discussions ?
Can you check your settings? I believe you may have the following selected:

That'd mean they would follow your discussions automagically.

-Gerrit

1 - 12 of 12 Posts