Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winnie is 7 months old and has not had any accidents in the house now for about 4 months. However, she is reluctant to go out to the garden for a pee unless me or my husband goes outside with her. We know exactly when she wants to pee as she does let us know but when we open the back door she won't go out. I have tried leaving her a bit longer but she just sits there until one of us goes out of the door too. We don't want to leave it too long as we don't want her having an accident in the home so we always end up going out. How would you train her to go out without us? She does go out into the garden on her own sometimes and if she is there by herself she will go pee as we have seen her through the window. It's only when she is inside and needs to go. As its so cold at the moment we can't keep the back door open so is this likely to get better when the weather is warmer and we can leave the backdoor open?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Step out of the door with her and then quickly slip back inside and shut the door leaving her outside by herself? After a bit it should be easier for her to go out without you.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She can actually go pee on command and she has no problem doing it whenever I need to empty her, like before going in to the groomer or getting in the car. I don't have to stand near her in the garden. I can stand at the top of the patio and she will go down the steps to the grass and pee. She just doesn't want to go out of the door unless I go out too.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Step out of the door with her and then quickly slip back inside and shut the door leaving her outside by herself? After a bit it should be easier for her to go out without you.
I tried that but ended going back out again as she came and sat by the door. The weather has been so rotten lately I feel bad leaving her out there. I'm hoping with better weather this might be easier to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts