Poodle Forum banner

How did you come up with your kennel name?

12949 Views 21 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  Winnow
I've always wondered how breeders came up with their kennel names, and how long it took for them to think of them. There's some really classy kennel names out there!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
875 Posts
My Mom's kennel name was Cherod. My name is Cherie and my brother's is Rodney so she just took the first few letters of both names and presto! So, when thinking about my own kennel name I decided to do the same thing. My maiden name is Ambeault and my fiance`s last name is Ariss, so I Googled Arreau a combo of both, and it a very posh spa town in Switzerland or France, so sounded great to me.

lol oddly enough when i say your kennel name out loud i say it " arrrooooo"
IDK if thats the way its said, but it sounds like a dog howling.... thats what I thought it was

· Registered
875 Posts
Mine is tenative... but I have wanted it to be FrostFire for awhile.
the horse I learned to ride on was named frosty, and was sorta bi-polar, so I called him Frost-fire (sometimes he was calm, sometimes he was nuts)

there are a couple other frostfire kennels out there, but I dont think Frostfire Standards is taken.
Ill have to come up with something else for the Borzoi, because frostfire borzoi is a pretty well known kennel

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.