Poodle Forum banner

How did you come up with your kennel name?

12949 Views 21 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  Winnow
I've always wondered how breeders came up with their kennel names, and how long it took for them to think of them. There's some really classy kennel names out there!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
3,285 Posts
we had boat name Simba DelMar. DelMar is loosely by the sea or of the sea, simba is a lion. Anyway we live on the gulf cost of Fla so thats where my mother got DelMar as her kennel name.
I used to play this online dog show game (yup nerd) and your user name was your kennel name. I couldn't think of one and was jealous of another member who's was Histyle, which I thought was GREAT. All of a sudden out of thin air BlackTie came to me and it just stuck around, so when I begin breeding litters independently of my mother they were registered under Blacktie. Though should I decide to breed poodles in the future I will have to change it. Probably to Wonderpup (?) and abbrev. it WP since the two words are kind long put together. Good thing I don't have plans to get toooo involved in the spoodle world since looking at that written down now I don't like it LoL.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.