Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rusty is my standard that I adopted from a rescue. He is apricot and was previously named and responded well to it so I kept it. He has been the most awesome dog!

He is, of course, so smart, he is always so happy despite his previous life of being stuck in a backyard for about 5 months then turned over to a vet who kept him for a couple of months taking him home on weekends etc then decided he needed to turn him over to a client of his that does rescue. I have had him in my life for just over 2 months and have enjoyed every minute!

I love taking him for walks, we both enjoy it so much! He loves to play fetch so we play that as well! I just can't say enough about this awesome breed and so happy to have the chance to become a poodle lover!

Just had to ramble and share about my handsome boy Rusty!

·
Registered
184 Posts
You described a lot of how I feel about my Ginger and the things we do together. She too was a rescue, not mistreated just not treated well but it such an upbeat, smiley dog. I wish I'd had a spoo all my life!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Yep! That is the poodle! You get one, you're hooked for life. Glad to hear that that sweet boy found his forever home and that you found the best companion you could have. :)

Oh, watch out!!! Poodles are like potato chips!!!!!! :p

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey ladies,
I just wanted to concur. I adopted my first spoo in September from a lady who got him a month earlier from another family that left him outside. He was 5 months old and we got him on September 1st, and he made me so much happier. The love of my life. He is just perfect, and suprises me everyday. He is so human like and everyday is more snuggly.
My husband and I loved him so much that we wanted to find one for my mom, and we did, but somehow we ended up keeping him too. Now we have 2 spoos, Kona(black) 14 months, and Rasta, (brown) 7 months, and Marley (Standard Doxie) 5 yrs old.
The Spoos are amazing, and my husband and I love them so much. Yesterday we took them to the river and had so much fun with them! They are the best dogs and have such human like traits!!!!
Now I just vented too!:)

·
Registered
578 Posts
Boy, can I relate. Jackson is my first standard. He is the most affectionate, loving fluffball. I think he's been the fastest-learning dog I've ever dealt with. He's actually more willing to please and better behaved than my 5-year-old Aussie. He's been a calm sweet puppy who looks at me with adoring eyes and just loves to snuggle. He's given me nothing but joy and if they are all like this then I must have another!

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Ah two things I love tater chips and poodles! Another started with one and now we have two! And I am certain someday I will be adding another.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Same here. Now that I have Dana, I think it will be impossible to ever be poodleless. How did I ever survive without a poodle before?! :wacko:

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I totally agree with everyone. Poodles are addictive. My first spoo was an apricot named Rusty. I'm so glad that you are so enjoying your boy. I'd love to see some pics of him and the rest of your pack as well.

·
Registered
288 Posts
No one can possibly understand the joy and delight of living with a Standard Poodle, unless they have lived with one! lol

I first met this marvelous breed through a former boyfriend. When we went our separate ways, I was in such serious Poodle withdrawal, I only lasted 3 weeks before getting one of my very own! lol Maddy, my Diva, the Devine Miss M has been the love of my life and my best friend for nearly 9 years. Then came Beau, and 7 years later, Lucia.

Be aware of MPS (multiple poodle syndrome)!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
hahha poodles are like potatoe chips!!!
Once you poodle you just can;t stop!!!
And poodles won't go straight to your hips and thighs, either. Win/win!

I hate to break up all this spoo love, but the little guys can be every bit of those things you've all said about your big guys (and possibly more, because they're portable).

Sorry, just had to vent. :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Evie is an 8 month old toy and I've had her for about four months. I adopted her off of craigslist for a nominal fee and luckily she has never been mistreated in her life. Lucky for me the couple who had her realized a puppy was too much for them. Sadly, she really is not all that bright as poodles go. Which is fine because I didn't know how smart poodles are supposed to be until after I adopted her so I wasn't too disappointed. She is definately the best dog I've ever had just because of how snuggly and sweet she is. I was really not even looking for a poodle at all when I stumbled across her ad but I can now never imagine not having a poodle in my life! She is still our only poodle but will definately be getting one more in another year or two:)

·
Registered
225 Posts
I know what everyone means about wanting more than one Spoo. I am owned by one, Stella 2/14/10, and would LOVE to be owned by another:love:...someday.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Every breed lover says that about the potato chips, lol- heard it from the Silken Windhound lady at the dog park right before the flood (I had just one spoo when I joined here- I'd better shut up!)

·
Registered
180 Posts
I agree about the little ones! My inlaws toy is perfect for them and I had some awesome time with flying dusters' Paris the other day, but Duncan is the perfect family dog, and give it a year or two and we'll get a second. :)

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
You've got every right to be smitten with your spoo! I want to chime in here and say the size of the love is no different with a mini. Our Chagall is the moon and the stars and the sun to us. It's a thrill to have in our lives and I too cannot imagine being without my flully silver boy.

·
Registered
781 Posts
i waited many years between dogs - but it was worth the wait cause this time i have my poodle. i can't wait to have more than one. even my husband said he never thought he could love a dog so much. i have separation anxiety whenever i have to leave her for too long a period of time. i can't imagine my life without her. wish i could make her into a companion dog so that she could go EVERYWHERE with me....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts