Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Registered
I think you did good! I learned after my first time if you hold the paw and gently press it causes the toes to separate a bit to help get in-between them a little easier.

Registered
Good Job - Sisko is such a sweetheart.

Reactions: Fenris-wolf

Registered
Nice job, feet are a pain to do! He鈥檚 such a good boy.

Reactions: Fenris-wolf

Registered
Very nice job, even impressive for a first time !

About the feet, you might want to stop a lot lower towards the foot when clipping. You draw a circle from the pad and go up from there. Or I stop clipping where the digits start bending, if that makes sense.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
I'm impressed he tolerated you working on such delicate areas! That says a lot about your handling skills, and probably also your bond. He trusted you.
We have been working on it馃榾 he was uncomfortable at first, but treats helped! I have been playing with his feet and mouth and treating when he does well.

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Nice job, feet are a pain to do! He鈥檚 such a good boy.
Thank you! The front ones were easy, but the back ones were hard because it was like he couldn't stand when I was trimming them. Maybe we just need practice? Sisko says thank you馃惄

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Very nice job, even impressive for a first time !

About the feet, you might want to stop a lot lower towards the foot when clipping. You draw a circle from the pad and go up from there. Or I stop clipping where the digits start bending, if that makes sense.
Thank you!

Okay, thank you for the tip! Yes that makes sense馃榿

Super Moderator
the back ones were hard because it was like he couldn't stand when I was trimming them.
This was a challenge when Peggy needed to wear her diaper, and also sometimes when I'm drying her feet. I've found there's a certain way to lift a back leg without throwing them off balance, but it's tricky and I don't always do it right. It's like the leg has to be folded up instead of out.

I bet there are some good video tutorials online for shaving back feet.

Registered
Mine lays for back feet I she lays and sticks one out the side and then flips and sticks the other out. 馃槀 I鈥檓 honestly not sure why she does it, but it makes it a lot easier. Then she鈥檒l stand and I鈥檒l get the insides. I think maybe it鈥檚 bc she likes her paw pads clear.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts