Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a pet supply store near us that also has grooming services. Noodle has never been there when the groomer is there since we've only gone there on the weekends or when I get home from work. We get treats and toys there. He loves it.

Our old dogs were groomed there and they did a nice job. I was hoping to eventually transition Noodle to being groomed there. But for now, I've been working with him at home today get him past some fears.
These days I am also having to "groom" my husband and son and it has convinced me that I do not want to be a groomer for life.

Today we went by to get some treats and to my surprise they were grooming in the back. Not sure why because NYC is still on "Pause" but... Noodle immediately acted weird. Tail down. Wouldn't take treats. Not sure how he knew what was happening in the other room. Sounds I assume. But makes me think we are a long way from me being able to drop him off.

Here is a photo after my last relectant groom. I did learn that the walh bravura can cut one husband, one son, and a miniature poodle before needing a charge.
AE840103-0199-4E3B-BE79-0B2D54141221.jpeg

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
Noodle could not only hear but smell the change too.

Good to know that Bravura battery has staying power.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
You might call ahead and see if the groomer would be able to just take a minute or two when you come in to greet your dog happily, run his or her hands down his body, and give him a treat. If you do this several times it might make it seem like a happier place. I did that with my vet and he always loves to go.
I agree, if a dog in the back with the groomer was fearful if your dog is sensitive he will pick up on that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts