Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! We decided on a black miniature poodle and have been going through some training and such for about a week. We named him Oliver. My girlfriend was asking me how much bigger he's going to get. I took out the tape measure to show her and pulled it out to 15". I was looking at it and then looked at Oliver. He didn't look that much smaller. I measured him and he was 10.5" from floor to the shoulders. I put him on the scale and he's already 6 lbs. He's only 9 weeks old! Am I going to have a huge miniature or do they grow slowly? Not that I mind having a large miniature or a small standard, but I'm just curious.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I wonder the same thing. I am interested in knowing what people think. I haven't measured Baxter, but I do know that at 5 months he is around 7 to 8 lbs. I have no idea if that is on the high end or low end of a miniature for his age.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm really hoping my pup will grow out to the big end. We'll be bringing him to the vet tomorrow morning so hopefully he'll be able to help me out with my question. I wish there were a table showing when the growth spurts happen. The breeder did tell me that he should be 14" but he's already 10". I guess we'll see.

·
Registered
209 Posts
True.

I just found that bit of info on dogbreedinfo.com
and thought I would give em' a general idea, lol.
Yep, it should. I was just being sassy. Sounds to me like ninhead's poodle might end up being a bit bigger, though I really don't have the experience to say. Marley is 16" and 14.5 lbs -- he's tall and lean.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Yep, it should. I was just being sassy. Sounds to me like ninhead's poodle might end up being a bit bigger, though I really don't have the experience to say. Marley is 16" and 14.5 lbs -- he's tall and lean.
My minis are small miniatures, both of my two come from small
parents as well, Maddie will be around 11 inches like her
Dam I imagine, and weigh about 9-12 pounds when an adult
(that's just an estimated guess).

So yes, I do believe YMMV, lol. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts