Poodle Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I don’t think that formula works for smaller dogs. That would make Nova bigger than her mom ..
It's very possible it doesn't. :) I've never tried it with smaller dogs.

It's also very possible it was just a fluke that it was accurate for Peggy. There are so many variables when it comes to growth. Peggy, for example, was underweight when we brought her home, and that threw the calculator WAY off for the first few weeks. It estimated she'd finish in the 30s. (I wish!)

Edit: Actually I did try it with a mini recently. Someone here was asking if their mini was likely to be bigger than the breeder said it would be. The calculator arrived at the breeder's exact estimate. Maybe the breeder used the calculator, too?? 😂

·
Registered
487 Posts
Oh I skipped right over your link . I was referring to the formula that spicolis mom posted (6 month height x 100 then minus 75. Going right now to check that one out.

·
Registered
487 Posts
That one says Nova’s weight will be 10.3lbs full grown. She is 9.4lbs at 7months so ..not sure on that. I think she may have some growing left.🤷🏻‍♀️Time will tell 😊. I would be thrilled if she stayed that size.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Oh I skipped right over your link . I was referring to the formula that spicolis mom posted (6 month height x 100 then minus 75. Going right now to check that one out.
Oh! Ha! Yeah, this is an old thread that someone resurrected. :)

·
Registered
418 Posts
Yeah. The puppy calculator that was posted (if it's the same one I checked with) worked perfectly for Misha. It said 16 lbs full grown and he's hovering around 15 at 10.5 months. He may hit 17 but it's pretty close. The 16 week weight x 2 also works quite well for figuring out adult size. So yes, a dog that's 24 lbs at 14 weeks will likely be over 50 lbs.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
my guy was26.5 at 13 weeks and 38.1 at 20 weeks. He is now 2 y ears old and is about 58 - 60 lbs.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts