Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been in the 90s here, and moose being dark colored finally has shown his weakness! I thought nothing would ever stop him from running, playing, jumping, exploring, etc... the HEAT is it!

When I go outside to check the garden or do anything he normally runs, chases, explores, etc... not in this heat! He follows me, and then watches me from the comfort of his shade tree :laugh: Also, its hard to get him to be excitedt o come back in.. not anymore he's waiting at the door ready to go back in for some water, and a rest in the AC'd room.

Anyone else dog like this where it's super noticeable?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Oh yeah! They pretty much lay in the cool grass in the shade. They will run into the house to get to the air conditioning and cool tile.

·
Registered
546 Posts
It's well over 100 in Texas... our little Socks dog (Snoops' big sister) doesn't seem to like it inside or out. Inside, she lays around on her couch in the cool of the A/C. She looks bored and miserable. She goes outside in the scorching heat and lays in the corner of the garden - in the shade behind the bushes. We put her trampoline out there to lay on, but she insists on laying in the dirt.
We had her a little plastic swimming pool that she loved to splash around in.. then she ate it up.

Snoops is fortunate and we spend summers up north where it's much cooler.
He is happy to frolick about in the heat for as long as his little body can handle it for.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Been in the 100's here in West Texas too and my Rottie is miserable! He can only be outside a few hours a day and I have to get up at the crack of dawn to walk him. Usually I can just wait until it the evening (I'm not a morning person) but it's not even cooling off at night!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Its not been bad here in NC, so I guess were lucky, mine just run and jump in the pool LOL!!! But are in the house most days anyways, spoiled LOL!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Our girl is brown and today she wanted out, but then just to lay in the shade. Can you imagine a puppy not wanting to chase a ball? LOL.

It's 94 here today. And strangely slightly humid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts