Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Sorry for such a sad post. A friend's apricot standard was diagnosed with leukemia yesterday. Her spoo is also pregnant so many of the symptoms (lethargy, etc) they figured were due to the pregnancy. They never imagined a diagnosis of advanced leukemia. The sweet girl probably has only a few days. And they will euthanize her soon, but my friend and her husband aren't quite ready to say goodbye today. It's happening so quickly. And the fact there are unborn puppies makes it extra heartbreaking. I can't blame them for not being ready to let her go.

Question: Does anyone have suggestions about palliative care? Specifically, mucus discharge. Overnight her girl started drooling and has a mucus running out of her mouth which makes it hard to swallow. Any thoughts on what could provide some temporary relief while the humans get the arrangements made? I wondered about prednisone. But I can't think of anything else. I assume this means the cancer has spread to her lungs.

Ironically it's my 3 yr old cream girl's birthday today. I can't hug her tightly enough this morning.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.