2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like a lot of dog people are horse people too... Here are my boys:

This is Xenophon (Xe for short - pronounced "Z") He's a Suffolk Punch rescue:

And this is Katy's quarter horse, Indiana Jones (Indy):

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Wow, what a big boy Xe is. Sometimes just looking at pictures you forget how big some breeds can be. Both are just lovely. *SIGH* I miss riding but I don't have time for a horse.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
This is Mr Ed, my miniature horse.... a little shorter then Xe!!!

(omg he's fat in these pics! lol. they're all old pics from like, 8-10 years ago though!)

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
oh, to show his size more:

(yes, we'd transport him in our van before we got a wee float for him!)

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Toooo Cute, FD!!! :) I love the minis, too! Wouldn't Mr. Ed and Xe look funny standing next to each other?

Xe is a huge chicken, though - he'd probably be afraid of Mr. Ed!! Lol!

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ooooooooo... We like the BIG ones, don't we??? :)

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Seems like a lot of dog people are horse people too... Here are my boys:

This is Xenophon (Xe for short - pronounced "Z") He's a Suffolk Punch rescue:

And this is Katy's quarter horse, Indiana Jones (Indy):
How many hands high is XE ? Is he the one that you are doing all your training on ?
I ended up rinding both horses today 2 hourse each .. Man is my legs sore

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Xe's height is a little deceiving... I know he looks like a monster next to me, but I'm only 5 feet tall. I haven't measured him in about a year, but the last time I did he was right at 16 hh - He may have grown a little more, though. He's really wide, too - his feet are like dinner plates.

We do our Parelli with both our horses and Indy is actually the horse we ride - Xe has been through 4 months of professional training, but his innate spookiness makes it hard for me to be comfortable riding him (I'm old, fat and I don't bounce anymore!) I did ride him a couple of months ago, but it was when a Parelli instructor was right there and she gave me a lot of confidence.

Xe's approximate age is around 4 and Indy is creeping up on 11. Love our boys!!

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Xe's height is a little deceiving... I know he looks like a monster next to me, but I'm only 5 feet tall. I haven't measured him in about a year, but the last time I did he was right at 16 hh - He may have grown a little more, though. He's really wide, too - his feet are like dinner plates.

We do our Parelli with both our horses and Indy is actually the horse we ride - Xe has been through 4 months of professional training, but his innate spookiness makes it hard for me to be comfortable riding him (I'm old, fat and I don't bounce anymore!) I did ride him a couple of months ago, but it was when a Parelli instructor was right there and she gave me a lot of confidence.

Xe's approximate age is around 4 and Indy is creeping up on 11. Love our boys!!
Minnie is 16.2 so I was shocked when you told me how big XE must be you that makes him look huge I have to use a steeping mounting block to mount Minnie. I have a dear friend that I ride with and she instills confidence just watching her,,,, you would die if you saw us ride extreme trail stuff. But nothing really unsafe. but not flat and easy for sure. Max is coming off a year hiatus after an injury of unknown origin, So we are climbing the bunny hills man that horse can go go go.. I love her...She is 15.2 so a whole hand smaller but she weighs 1300 pounds Minni is 1500.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I love this thread!

It makes me miss my boy, though.

One day I may get another one, but I'm not ready yet.

I would LOVE a Fresian!

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Because I'm so short - when I sit on Xe, it feels like my legs are sticking straight out to either side! :) Yeah... he's a wide load!

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I love this thread!

It makes me miss my boy, though.

One day I may get another one, but I'm not ready yet.

I would LOVE a Fresian!
Me too there is a breeder in Prescott and so when I go there I get to see them they are beautiful..

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Oh... I'm so jealous!!!
We owned a quarter horse (domino) when I was growing up, but after he passed we moved to the city. One of my dreams is to own one or two horses again.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts