Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always known i wanted to be a dog owner but i never settled on what kind. I've been doing tons of research and reading on all kinds of dogs.. even made spreadsheets matching them against what would suit my needs.. All of them seemed to direct me towards a Miniature Poodle. I do not know when this will become a reality. I'm hoping maybe in the next year or two. But im already really excited but also nervous about a lot of different things. I want to start with finding a responsible breeder so i can build a long lasting connection.

If youve had good experiences with breeders around Quebec or Ontario, please do share some of those as i would love to hear. But otherwise i hope to see you in the forums.

·
Super Moderator
5,822 Posts
Welcome to Poodle Forum! I love that you're taking this decision so seriously and approaching it in such a methodical way.

I've not lived in Toronto for 7 years now, but I hope some members pop in soon with suggestions for you. I know good minipoo breeders can be hard to come by, but your patience will undoubtedly pay off.

·
Registered
7,028 Posts
I’m from that area and can tell you good, ethical poodle breeders are a rare find. Miniatures are the hardest to find. You might have more luck with a small standard or an oversized toy. I would just call all breeders listed on the CKC page and go from there.

Also, with the pandemic, greeders are selling poodle puppies for 3000$, 4000$ and even more. I’m not sure about the Toronto area, but in the greater Montreal area, show breeders will sell pet companions for around 1800$-2000$. Don’t be scammed !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts