Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

My name is Anne and I live in Ontario, Canada (right outside Ottawa). My family and I currently own a 10 year old Airedale Terrier, named Theo, and we're looking to add a standard poodle to our brood. I've been scouring the net for information about breeders and found your awesome forum. Looking forward to being a regular here!

I have a few questions (which I'm sure will turn into a TON of questions as our poodle journey goes along!) and I'm not sure if I should post them here or wait until I have access to the rest of the board.

For now, is anyone here from Eastern Ontario and can recommend a great breeder? I've got a line on a few who are having puppies in the Spring and would love to get some personal experience to narrow down the choices!

Thanks and looking forward to getting to know you and your dogs.

ps. Here's a pic of my pup, Theo:

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Awww! Theo is a cutie-pie! :) I got my red standard poodle puppy, Lucy, from Ontario!! This is the website for the breeder from whom we got her ( http://www.redstandardpoodles.net/ ). We welcomed her into our home on October 25, 2009 and she has brought us nothing but joy since she's joined us!! Good luck in your spoodle search - I don't know what we'd do without our Lucybug!!

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Welcome and great choice!! We have 2 spoos and we never thought we could love this breed as much as we do AND your Theo is darling!! I looked at these at one time as well. GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
ohhh, I have a soft spot for airedales, they have that same spunk you'll find in a spoo too! Theo is gorgeous!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Welcome. Your Theo is adorable. Are you looking for a specific colour? Pet, show, performance? I can refer you to several breeders from Toronto and eastward if you are not willing to travel west. If you could let me know your preferences, I would be hapopy ot give you some names, and also a few to avoid. Good luck!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replies! Theo is a great dog and definitely has lots of spunk!! That's a nice way to put it. :) He's still a puppy at 10 (most people are surprised when we tell them is age, as he's screaming around chasing other dogs at the dog park!), and still gets into trouble. I absolutely adore him, but he's a bit stubborn and has a mind of his own. I always wanted to do agility and we lasted only a few classes before we were told it wasn't for him! As soon as the leash would come off, he'd be off and running laps. :lol:

I'm looking forward to a dog with energy and personality, that's a little easier to train. Hopefully our spoo will be all that!

Arreau - we are looking for a dark coloured spoo - black, dark brown, or dark red (or parti-coloured one - are those CKC registered???) and would like something within a few hours of Ottawa so we can visit the pups often. Any recommendations you can make would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
104 Posts
As a new standard poodle owner myself I have to applaud your choice in breed! It was tough at first to convince my husband that a poodle was the right dog for us but now he has even said "we will never have another breed." We are so biased towards standard poodles it's quite funny. Our dog of course is the smartest, prettiest, loveliest dog in the history of dogs LOL. Good luck in your breeder search. And I can't wait for pics!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. Your Theo is so cute!! Poodles are such wonderful dogs good choice. I got two of my three spoos from Arreau Standard Poodles. I've got to say they are wonderful dogs and I love them to death. Arreau was and is a dream to deal with!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts