Poodle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I’m from Ontario, Canada. I will be a first time owner and am looking at adding a standard poodle puppy to my life as a service dog prospect. I am deciding within the next few weeks whether I put a deposit down on a wait list for a future litter so I’m coming here to learn everything I can. There arent many poodles around here so I’m hoping to make some friends, gain a lot of knowledge and tips. It’s nice to meet you!

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Hi Faint -- Welcome to Poodle Forum!

There are some excellent poodle breeders in Ontario. The first thing I would do is contact Cherie at Arreau Poodles. She is a member here. She would be a great person to talk to about whether a poodle is the best choice to meet your specific needs for a service dog. Perhaps one of her puppies would be a good git for you -- she is a fabulous breeder. If not, she could point you in the right direction.

Here's her web site and contact info:
https://redstandardpoodles.net/
[email protected]

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Faint -- Welcome to Poodle Forum!

There are some excellent poodle breeders in Ontario. The first thing I would do is contact Cherie at Arreau Poodles. She is a member here. She would be a great person to talk to about whether a poodle is the best choice to meet your specific needs for a service dog. Perhaps one of her puppies would be a good git for you -- she is a fabulous breeder. If not, she could point you in the right direction.

Here's her web site and contact info:

https://redstandardpoodles.net/

[email protected]

Thank you, I have been messaging many breeders in the past few days, and have had one of my top choices message me back. She has been very supportive, has all the OFA testing, and has been recommended by one of her buyers and she local.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
22,982 Posts
Welcome I was also going to suggest contacting Cherie/Arreau.

Reactions: Faint

·
Premium Member
4,029 Posts
Poodles are wonderful and so intuitive - there are some great service dogs here on the forum - I have learned SO much from them. Especially you should read Click'N'Treats thread on training her Noelle as a diabetes alert dog.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Welcome Faint!

I'm in Ontario as well and will be getting my spoo puppy from Cherie (Arreau) this year! Looking forward to hearing about your future pup!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome Faint!

I'm in Ontario as well and will be getting my spoo puppy from Cherie (Arreau) this year! Looking forward to hearing about your future pup!

Whereabouts? I’m in southern just outside the GTA :)

·
Registered
7,158 Posts
Hi and Welcome - you've come to the right place - we're all about poodles.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Mfmst:
Poodle Google
That is no joke! This really isn't 'poodle forum'...it's poodle google!

Faint...read as much posts as you can before and after getting your pup...and post any questions as you'll certainly get help here.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Since I have been on poodle forum I have been learning more and more. I have begun to follow Arreau on her Facebook page where she shares tons of photos of her babies. She does a lot in interaction with them while in her care giving you a well balanced pup by the time you bring them home. I have seen several of her puppies right on this forum and had I known before what I know now, she would be my choice if I lived in Ontario.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The most important thing to know is that Poodles are highly intuitive and sensitive. Even when they do something wrong, remember that they are a little pup- human babies do far less than people expect of new puppies.
The second most important thing is to take pictures of your new fur baby quite often as they grow up. They do not stay the same for very long. My baby is not full grown yet, but is about 40 lbs. But not long ago he was just the little fuzzball in the picture.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The most important thing to know is that Poodles are highly intuitive and sensitive. Even when they do something wrong, remember that they are a little pup- human babies do far less than people expect of new puppies.

The second most important thing is to take pictures of your new fur baby quite often as they grow up. They do not stay the same for very long. My baby is not full grown yet, but is about 40 lbs. But not long ago he was just the little fuzzball in the picture.

Thank you! I know anything a pup does wrong, is probably because of something I missed. Oh I love animal photography so I don’t have to worry about pictures! :) he is so cute, what’s he look like now? Look at those eyes!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts