Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While at work today I had an interesting conversation with a fellow dog owner. We talked about arthritis remedies. He commented that his wife makes a mixture of turmeric, black pepper and coconut oil to relieve arthritis. He has two older Aussie shepherds (12years and 8 years) that he says feeding them this mixture has allowed his older dog much greater freedom of movement. She no longer struggles to get up and runs and plays normally. I’ve never heard of such but am intrigued.
Anyone here have any experience with this?
I will of course google but must say I like the holistic approach

·
Premium Member
23,619 Posts
I know lots of people who use it for themselves and their dogs. It is called golden paste.

Reactions: jcris

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found this site
Very interesting. I think I will try it

·
Registered
122 Posts
I feed "mobility bites' by Zesty Paws to my senior rescue dog. It works great, I wonder if I could alternate between the Tumeric mixture and the other stuff to save money..

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I feed "mobility bites' by Zesty Paws to my senior rescue dog. It works great, I wonder if I could alternate between the Tumeric mixture and the other stuff to save money..
Thanks Ava,
I’ll take a look at Zesty Paws. I’m going to get them going on something soon. I have enough ingredients on hand and will make a small amount later today

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know lots of people who use it for themselves and their dogs. It is called golden paste.
I’m curious lily,
Do you use it with your pups? Perhaps personally as well?
I’m actually considering using it for me as well

·
Premium Member
23,619 Posts
I haven't used it for us or our dogs, but since you give just a small amount I don't know that I would worry about the triglyceride balance that floofy's link deals with. As I say I do know people and dogs who use it with no adverse reactions observed, but again my evidence locally is anecdotal. If you do have that coconut oil concern here is a link to a golden paste recipe that does not use it. Healing Golden Turmeric Paste Recipe For Your Dog

Reactions: jcris

·
Registered
377 Posts
Tumeric kills internal parasites. This is why it helps you loose weight, because the parasites (a particular type) was making you hungrier. Killing parasites is going to help in other ways, probably somehow related to arthritis.

I gave my border collie vitamin C for his arthritis and it made an obvious improvement. He was fed predator raw and probably got enough fat in his diet.

I think if it works, use it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts