Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter decided she wants Jupiter in a miami clip so I decided to try and do it myself. Oops! I clipped him down but for the life of me can't figure out how to place his "muscle bands" so they look right. I haven't clipped his feet yet nor done his topnot (Im not very good at that either). I think his pom poms look more like boots so am wondering if I left the hair on to high. Does that make sense? Im not upset about how bad a job I did as he still looks handsome but certainly want to learn to make him look more balanced. I dont know what Im doing but am having fun anyway. I now have to put a sweater on Jupiter if he is going to spend much time outside, although he doesn't seem cold. He runs around too much to get chilled I think and otherwise spends most of the time inside. My daughter is happy with how he looks so thats good. Advice would be appreciated.

I only have the photos my daughter took with her phone so don't mind the missing head etc, lol. She is 11 and was having fun.

Attachments

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats a neat idea. Would that work with Jupiter since he is still only 5 months old? What part of the leg (hock, pastern etc) should or shouldn't be covered by the pom poms?

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
yup, they need to come down a tad, bring the back ones down TO the joint there, just barely cover the 'bump' on the back of the hock, but little else. they can 'slant forwards' at the top too, and the front ones just need to come down a tad too. When you do the feet, make sure you don't do them too high up too, just barely take off the top of the foot and not up the ankle. And then it's just the fact that they're not very long that makes them look like boots!

Good job though, honestly!

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
I think he is SO cute, and it looks good to me. It's given me ideas..........

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Have you really never groomed before? You did an awesome job, the cut looks very even! I think his trim is cute, it could use a little tweaking and some more growth, but it looks good! Kudos to you for going for it, practice makes perfect and you have two to practice on. (Watch out Mercury, lol.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts