Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Texas. My wife and I are both new to the poodle world, so we're gonna have lots of questions. We're picking up a beautiful black standard this weekend, and couldn't be more excited!

·
Registered
912 Posts
:rofl: I'm inthe middle of nowhere as well - just a nother country. Congrats on picking just the bestest breed, you'll be so pleased. So what gender, colour etc ....

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I just got my first Standard Poodle as well! I visit Texas often at least the Dallas/Irving area. Maybe next time i'm there i'll mention it, we often go to the Euless dog park to let the dogs stretch their legs a bit after the 3 hour drive from Shreveport!

We'd love to see pics when you bring him home!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:rofl: I'm inthe middle of nowhere as well - just a nother country. Congrats on picking just the bestest breed, you'll be so pleased. So what gender, colour etc ....
Have to admit I was hesitant about a poodle at first, because of the "frou frou" stereotype. I wanted a sporty and sturdy dog that we could take camping, hiking, biking, and all that jazz. After doing research, I found out I was totally mistaken about poodles! We met with some owners and their pups, and now I can't imagine having wanted another breed. (although I'm still partial to Dachshunds, having grown up with them)

We're gonna travel 6 hours to pick up our girl this Saturday. She's a beautiful black standard. Her current name is Gigi, but we plan on renaming her Cammie (Camille). I'll post the 2 pics that we already have in the proper forum. JUST 2 MORE DAYS!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts