1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
He wanted to get to his mom and that treat!!

My second dog Matilda easily climbed a pet gate when she was a puppy (we used to block her off in the foyer area rather than crate her). We had a gate with the vertical and horizontal wires, and it made it easy for her to climb! I never learned my lesson with that kind of gate, because when I got Miracle, I wanted her blocked off in my bedroom and bathroom area when I was at work. She, too, climbed the gate (taller one, but same kind of wiring).

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well ever since then he’s decided he isn’t staying in . I have seen other puppies escape but I thought they were older . They are 9weeks tomorrow. I was actually hoping my mom was deciding to keep him in the family which is why I still have him. He is such a nice boy. She has two older dogs though and decided that it was best for them not to add a puppy to the mix . It might be best though as every dog she’s had has been fat and lazy and I don’t want that for him. The other puppy is waiting on transport.

I do have another soft playpen with a top and I think that is what I’m going to have to use. It’s just a little smaller and I’m using as a ballpit for the puppies . Oh well . I don’t want him to get hurt . I don’t want them in the kitchen as they play so rough and bodyslam each other I don’t want them to get hurt on tile.

This was a few minutes ago.. that rascal.
10A3276D-CD06-4276-9291-A65CB3DB5095_1568236962040.jpg

I tried adding pool noodles to the top but he still got over. Then I tried using the blanket on the side thAt he was using. He’s a smart one .

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
Cute little thing, and smart too ! I would be scared he will break a leg. He needs to be in jail, lol !

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Does that thing have a zipped bottom? I ask because I used to have one those dog pens and the bottom only attached by velcro. Jasper easily found a way to escape.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It has a zippered top and bottom. I know it wouldn’t hold Sandy in. I bought a soft kennel before that was supposed to tough. Nope..didn’t last a day.

I’ve been taking them on car rides to get used to riding in a car (success!) and some leash training. This week they have been starting on using the bathroom outside and now I do take them out before playtime around the house, then pen time then repeat that is working out well.

Tomorrow after bath I will take pictures and let some people that have ask that he is available. I’ve been putting it off but he is getting attached to me . He just follows me around and sits at my feet when he’s not get into trouble. :aetsch: I’ve already asked DH and it’s a no right now to adding a 2nd puppy. Grrr. I know the kids would be fine with it.

·
Premium Member
4,103 Posts
Asta: I am five

BooHoo my birthday was Sept 9 and I had NOTHING special. She says she can't keep track of all the birthdays and anniversaries - but you would think that she would remember ME.

To make up for missing my birthday we had lots of fun -romping in the fields playing chase (I run way better than her) a new Lambchop and some round steak which isn't round at all but super tasty all the same.

So my poodle friends-does your Mum forgets your birthday or am I just one poor poodle?

Love, ASta

·
Registered
367 Posts
So you have a baby Houdini! LOL Mine grew up to be a big ol' 97 pound Doberman. When I flew with him I had to zip tie his crate with an emergency cutter taped to the crate for safety. That boy could open stuff: car doors, crates, gates, house doors, tool boxes, totes, gun cases, delivered boxes (some how he learned how to strip the tape off WITHOUT damaging the box). He learned to operate the car's electric windows. This comes in handy for a protection dog however he was ultra protective of children & small dogs & he didn't care who the kids or small dogs belonged to! Ugh.

Your puppy is precious.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
BooHoo my birthday was Sept 9 and I had NOTHING special. She says she can't keep track of all the birthdays and anniversaries - but you would think that she would remember ME.

To make up for missing my birthday we had lots of fun -romping in the fields playing chase (I run way better than her) a new Lambchop and some round steak which isn't round at all but super tasty all the same.

So my poodle friends-does your Mum forgets your birthday or am I just one poor poodle?

Love, ASta
First thing, Happy Past Your Birthday, Asta!! Don't tell your mom, she loves you so, but she didn't just forget your birthday. She snuck you into a Not A Birthday thread. Well, on second thought, you better tell her so everyone can wish you a proper Happy! Sounds like you had a lot of fun, no matter the day :).

Your bitty buddies, Neo and Remo

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
i used this Iris pen with Wilson, but I also had to spend a lot of time teaching him to respect the boundaries of the pen. Once that concept was accepted, he started sucking objects through the bars, ugh! I don't miss that stage. The little terrier liked to sneak in the pen to steal toys.

Attachments

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL that sounds like Sandy. When she is in her kennel anything around is fair game. Anything that she can drag in she considers hers. Unfortunately my daughter left her glasses on top of Sandy’s kennel a few weeks age. Fortunately for me I bought the warranty ( we get a lot of use out of it.. they probably hate us) .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts