Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you know, I have been working with Gracie in agility, and she had a very nice first trial a couple weeks ago. So I entered her both days this past weekend, just in jumpers and standard. We can only trial outside here secondary to the pandemic.

The weather was typical upstate NY weather, and went from pouring rain, thunder and lightening to steamy, blistering hot sun. None of my dogs were doing well, and other people were having similar issues. I was really questioning whether I pushed Gracie too quick to competition, beating myself up for it, and worrying she was just rehearsing bad behavior.

The last run of the weekend, 7PM Sunday night, was novice standard and Gracie blew it out of the park! OMG, it was a gorgeous run. I was so proud of her. In less than a minute (56 seconds, the length of her run) I went from thinking I really had failed this baby dog and I better re-group and re- train...to congratulating me and her for actually doing all (or most!) of the right things in training.
Yikes, talk about emotional highs and low!

So proud of my baby girl, here’s a few pics of her working on the practice jump at the trial.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Erin! My trainer’s husband took them, he has a talent!

Reactions: Green Bean

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought about leaving but figured I might as well give us that last chance and consider it a training run. Glad I didn’t leave!

Reactions: Michigan Gal
1 - 5 of 5 Posts