Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone, hope you are all well and keeping your sanity during social distancing.

Like many others, our groomer is closed indefinitely and after having clippers for 2 years I finally plucked up the courage to use them. My poor groomer has lost a customer for good. It was not nearly as scary as I thought it would be. Picture supplied. Don't judge me too harshly. :)

So, I am in need of a dryer but don't wish to continue using my human hair dryer as it kills my wrists. I want one of those dryers where the motor is on the floor & there is a flexible hose for me to work with.

My question is this.... would a High Velocity dryer be too brutal on my little toys, Barney & Charlie? They are quite brave little fellows but drying has never been their favourite thing and in summer when I bathe I'd been letting them air dry. That can not contunue as winter here approaches.

Any tips or advice for my little men would be much appredciated.

Reactions: 2BoyzNow and Dechi

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Very nice job! You can certainly use a HV dryer on them. If they don't like the high power you can start with low power which won't be so different from a hair dryer. I'm sure members who HV dry their toys will chime in, but my mini is totally fine with it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I don’t have a toy but when my standard was a wee tiny baby I used the HV on the lowest setting and also took off the nozzle so the end of the hose had a wide opening. This seemed to be acceptable and he got dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
Look for a high velocity dryer that has both an option heat setting and a variable airflow. I like to use the low heat setting when I first turn on my dryer...when the dryer heats up I turn the heat setting to off. My machine allows me to turn the air flow up to do most of the body and down to very low for the face. With a machine like mine you will have options to make drying more pleasant for your dogs.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
I like your babies, they have similar colors to mine. Good job with the grooming. I like a close shave on the face but that’s just my personal taste.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Look at Chris Christensen Kool Pup hv dryer. It's perfect for home grooming. You can find it on Cherrybrook grooming supplies site. They have 4 different dryers by CC. They also list other brands. You can go on YouTube type in name of dryer and reviews and can hear and see them in action.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you so much everyone for your tips and words of encouragement. That has given me the confidence to start looking around in earnest for a HV dryer. I'll check out some of those brands mentioned too. As I am in Australia I may not be able to get the same brands you guys are using but at least I can take a look at the features & specs and do my best to match that up with our limited selection we get here.

Thanks so much... and btw, love your doggy photos you posted. All our fur babies are adorable.

Reactions: Tamara Baughman
1 - 9 of 9 Posts