Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i am new to your forum and new to having my very own poodle! Having been a groomer for about 30 years i have known and loved a lot of poodles but not until now have I had one myself. I was busy showing my Bearded Collies and Pekingese :) I had always said I would someday have a standard poodle and the day has come! Unfortunately it came through the loss of my rescue Greyhound , Draco... but little "Hoolie" is helping me get through that loss and we are getting ready to start training... I havent had a puppy in more years than I can say so this is a rreal experience for me LOL! :fingers-crossed: Hope we get through it ! Haha!

Sherry

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
Lovely pup - and brilliant name! I hope it doesn't prove TOO prophetic ...

Hope you have lots of fun educating him - and learning from him. Pups are hard, hard work, but it is so rewarding when you see them growing up into happy, well-balanced dogs.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks... well.. he IS a bit of a Hooligan but I wouldnt have it ant other way :) He is such a smart boy and Im sure he is going to love training! what little I have done with him at this point shows me that.. he is anxious to learn. I am working on grooming lessons right now ... Im rusty and he hasnt had much done with him so we are working together. I am enjoying this site and all the info and pictures...

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
:welcome: what a handsome boy!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am trying out the picture attachments :) I think every forum has a different way of doing them, hope this works ! Hoolie is almost 5 months old :rolffleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hoolie is adorable! I am so sorry for the loss of your Draco. We lost our rescued greyhound, Vincent Vandog, last fall. They really are special.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hoolie is adorable! I am so sorry for the loss of your Draco. We lost our rescued greyhound, Vincent Vandog, last fall. They really are special.
Thank you, Draco was a very special boy and it was very difficult for us. I am a sorry for your loss also :( Hoolie is a very different type dog from Draco who was sweet and shy.. Hoolie is..well...a Hooligan!!! We are trying to convince him that tormenting our female greyhound is not a good idea ( we call her the "fun police" play is not usually her thing) Actually sometimes she seems to like his silly puppy play but he, of course, carries it too far...

Sherry

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey my brother and his family live in Milford PA...and he has a standard from the same breeder as me!...they named him Yankee!...I guess they did'nt want to forget there new country!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts