Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the proud owner of a 20-month-old Standard Poodle, Flash. He's my first poodle, but I'm definitely a poodle girl for life! They are just such extraordinary dogs I know I could never get anything else but a poodle. :)

I learned how to groom 2 years ago, just as I was beginning to shop for a puppy. Initially I learned for the sake of my own poodle - why pay someone else when you can do it yourself for free? - but I loved grooming so much that I became a full fledged groomer.

I'm still learning a lot about poodles, and I'd love to swap knowledge with everyone else here. There's a lot of stuff I've learned, so I hope I can help some people out. But there's an awful lot I don't know yet, and I'm eager to learn. :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Welcome! you will find a lot of information here. I also learned to groom so I could groom my own girl. It is fun, but while I considered grooming for a living i relized that my back and feet had other ideas lol.

·
Super Moderator
2,956 Posts
Welcome, Savannah!! Would it be possible for you to share pictures of your spoo?? :) We love seeing pics of beautiful dogs!

I am also learning to do the basics on my standard baby so I don't have to take her in as often. I'm SOOOO glad I learned how to do FFT because I love the clean face look and it really only takes a week or two for her to start growing out and I'd go broke taking her in to a pro that often!

Hope you enjoy your time at the forum - and don't forget the pictures!! :lol:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know what you mean!! Flash gets his face and feet done every other week. I just love the velvety look and feel of a freshly clipped poodle face.
I will get some pics posted soon, too. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts