Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 10 month old miniature poodle named Phooey. I got him from an animal shelter six days ago. I also have three cats and so far the worst that has happened is he chases and then licks them. Phooey is a little fuzz ball of energy. He needs a bath and a clip in the worst way but he was fixed and has stitches and a e-collar until the 14th. As far as I can tell he has never been clipped (I'm I using the correct term?) and his fur is long and a little matted. If anyone has any ideas on the right cut for him I would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Welcome, Jenny! I love Phooey's name! What color is he? You will get a lot of good advice on this site regarding trims. There are a lot of groomers here...and tons of pictures... Post pictures - we'd love to see your new little guy!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Congrats!! We LOVE pictures (hint, hint) and that would help people with the doo suggestions as well. How big is he, does he have a docked tail, what color is he? Lapping kitties is good...as long as he isn't just tasting them for later, lol. Are you keeping his name? It's cute. Do you know his past living situation? He sure is lucky to have you for his family.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The picture that I have is from the shelter and he was just in from the rain. I don't know much about his past he had a home once. I think about him being alone and my heart breaks. It's amazing that he is so loving and trusting after being abandoned. As for his name Phooey, I don't know how I came up with it but it fits him perfectly. He has been here less than a week but he has brought me and my family much joy, I never thought I would be a poodle person, but I am. Poodle Power!!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Welcome Jenny and Phooey. How wonderful of you to give a loving home to this little guy! I have a cat licking poodle too! LOL I'm convinced that she thinks our cat is a puppy. She gives him a bath until he is soaking wet and gross!! We have been discouraging that now though.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Welcome to this poodle forum Jenny. Phooey is just adorable and I too love his name. Thank you for rescueing your new little sweetie.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts