Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
Im quite please to have had this forum recommended to me by a very helpful poodle owner in another group! I have extreme over-research tendencies and it took me a year to finally commit and then had some possibly not very desirable things about the breeder pointed out to me. So I have our first SPOO reserved to come home in early August but may need to make a different choice now! Unfortunately I have 3 heavily invested kids who will be very sad! In the meantime, I’m going to keep learning so we are as ready as we can be when we get the right puppy.
Thanks! Megan

·
Super Moderator
6,427 Posts
Welcome! That sounds like a very hard situation to be in. Depending on what those "not very desirable" things are, my thought process would probably be: Am I financing an unscrupulous breeder by purchasing this puppy?

I did this with my beloved mini mix, and it will haunt me forever, just knowing I participated in a system that doesn't, first and foremost, protect the health and well-being of the dogs it produces.

Whatever happens, we're here to support you, answer questions, and share our crazy poodles until you and your children have one of your own. :)

·
Super Moderator
6,427 Posts
Welcome! That sounds like a very hard situation to be in. Depending on what those "not very desirable" things are, my thought process would probably be: Am I financing an unscrupulous breeder by purchasing this puppy?

I did this with my beloved mini mix, and it will haunt me forever, just knowing I participated in a system that doesn't, first and foremost, protect the health and well-being of the dogs it produces.

Whatever happens, we're here to support you and answer questions and share our crazy poodles until you and your children have one of your own. :)

·
Super Moderator
1,815 Posts
Welcome! I'm glad you found the breeder directory section and posted there as well. If anyone has recommendations, the related thread can be found Here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts