Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am looking forward to hearing and learning new things about poodles from the people on this forum. I’ve had either a toy or mini since I was 11, this year at the age of 50(something) I got my first standard. He’s a 17 week old sable phantom and is an absolute joy. :)

·
Premium Member
23,184 Posts
Welcome to PF. It sounds like you have lots of great poodle experience and knowledge. I look forward to hearing more about your very poodley life.

Reactions: EllaT

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
Hi and welcome to you and your new spoo puppy. What made you decide to upgrade in size to a standard.

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
I’ve tried uploading a picture but I always get an error message, even with the file being under 100Kb. Maybe this picture worked this time?
it worked and I’m seeing a very cute puppy. Love his sable phantom color.

Reactions: EllaT

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi and welcome to you and your new spoo puppy. What made you decide to upgrade in size to a standard.
In 2006 we adopted an Airedale from ATRA, he had lived the first 18 months of his life with 8 other dogs in a chained link enclosure. The only human contact he had was the 80 year old man that threw food over the fence for the dogs. Bart was terrified of life, the vet even commented that when you look into his eyes you don’t see anything, his spirit was gone. I spent a great deal of time with Bart and he turned out to be one of the best dogs I’ve ever had. He had a heart of gold and I always said if a person can have a dog as a soul mate he was mine. In February 2018 we had to put Bart down, I was devastated. Then in February of this year we had to put our mini poo down, he too was a rescue. He was extremely smart but unfortunately because of the poor breeding he had many health issues. (One of which was partial complex seizures which caused unprovoked extreme aggression that he could not control, an interesting discovery/diagnosis and treatment that made the last 1.5 years of his life the best ever. I won’t ramble on about it but if anyone is interested id be happy to share.)
I didn’t think I’d ever get a big dog or a poodle again....until I found Fischer. He’s has the heart of an Airedale and the brains of the poodle....and it was love at first site. ��

1 - 11 of 11 Posts