Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,990 Posts
Tango is very pretty. I think I can speak for all of us and tell you we will enjoy seeing more pics of her and learning more about how she came to you.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tango is a Standard with a lovely brindle coat and a sweet disposition. A good friend of mine bought her during the summer and would let us puppysit when she had to go out of town. This friend of mine also has an English Mastiff and 3 very young children. Adding a puppy to the mix proved challenging and since we'd spent quite a bit of time with Tango and were smitten with her she asked if we'd be interested in adopting her. In my family there is me, my husband, my daughter (age 15) and my son (age 10). We also have 3 guinea pigs...that's been an interesting adventure. We have a fence up so Tango can't get to them. She could easily get in if she wanted to, but never has, knock on wood. She is very respectful of boundaries. Tango is so smart! She is able to sit, lie down, fetch, speak, shake, give a high five. Not as reliable are come and stay/wait. She's is really unreliable on a leash. Our walks always start out terrible and it's a 50/50 split on whether or not she'll settle in for a nice calm walk or pull and grab at the leash the whole way. I walk her in the harness she came with right now (one by 2 hounds) since walking on a flat collar is next to impossible. Tango was mostly inside or in an enclosed backyard at my friend's house so she has limited exposure to the great wide world full of cars, animals, and people. Overall, she is just a delight. Right now she's busy playing chasing and fetching Hotwheels cars with my son. A new favorite game we discovered. We meet with a trainer on Tuesday. I'd like to work up to registering her as a therapy dog.

·
Premium Member
4,030 Posts
Tango is a beauty - so glad she could find a home with you and family. Sounds to me like you are off to a pretty good start.

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Welcome to PF! Tango is a very pretty girl and it is so good to hear you are going to work with a trainer to bring out the very best of her! Just remember that most poodles are very sensitive and rough handling is not recommended! No yelling, no smacking, no 'Alpha' type training! Hope the trainer you have chosen uses positive/balanced type training protocols!!! Good Luck! Our training thread here is very helpful!

Reactions: jennkpeterson
1 - 7 of 7 Posts