Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a wonderful standard male poodle--Onyx. He was with us for 15 years. We all enjoyed obedience training--and agility, when he was younger. In his prime he was 26 " at the withers and weighed between 70-75. He was lean and fit. Of course, he had a loving personality--doesn't every standard poodle?

Now we are poodle-less and looking for a new family member. So i joined the Forum to see what's new in the poodle world. Like all poodle owners its fun to read about the breed we love.

We are looking for a tall white standard. We are strictly a pet family, so he/she will neutered/spayed.

We live in Syracuse, NY but travel frequently to Baltimore, Maryland to visit our daughter. If anyone knows of a breeder who may have large whites, please drop us a note.

Thanks for organizing the poodleforum.com.
:peace:

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Welcome to the poodle forum!! Sorry about your loss of onyx sounds like he was a LARGE snuggly cuddly bear :) :)

-Todd

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

you have a great forum. it is fun just browsing around.

once a family has had a standard--there just is no other breed.
aaron
syracuse, ny:peace:

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
WELCOME Onyx.... nice to have you join us. :)

Sorry to hear about the loss of your boy. It is nice to hear that he lived to be such a good old age. I know what you mean about "once you have a standard poodle"... I have always had a doberman, still do have one and still love them, but now that I have two standards, I found there is nothing to compare them to. I know I will ALWAYS have standards till I am too old to take care of a dog anymore...lol.

I do know that the person we (my sister and I) got two of our standards from... and they are wonderful personalitied ones.... had a litter of all white pups. We stay in contact with her so I can email her and see if she has any or any upcoming if you would like? She lives in RI, if that is not ridiculous distance for you. We live just Southeast of Bennington, VT and it was not a bad ride for us at all. I think it took us 2 1/2 hrs.

Again. welcome!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Onyx. Glad you are enjoying it here.

I am jester's moms sister. We absolutely love the two poodles we got from the person that she mentioned. Her white puppies were just adorable.

I, too, am sorry for your loss. That is a lot of years to spend with a special friend. I hope you find another to love just you did him.

·
Registered
912 Posts
:welcome: I am new to the poodle world, my boy is almost 11 months and I know exactly what you mean about once a standard always a standard - although I think my taste may be spreading to the little guys too, but definately another poodle for us once the old GSD goes.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Sorry to hear about your spoo's passing.
He blessed you with 15 years...nice,ripe age.
Why did you decide to go with a white male?
And why extra large?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Welcome to this forum. I think that you will really enjoy it here, as the rest of us here do. Hope that you find another perfect poodle to love.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
very impressive

poodles must be magic. we have already received several well wishes from existing members. thank you.
we look forward to reading and sharing our love of poodles with the forum.
aaron and marsha
syracuse, ny:peace:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Welcome to the forum and I am so sorry about your loss! We have a spoo named Shadow and we are getting a miniature this Friday named Charlie ☺

1 - 12 of 12 Posts