Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into Standard Poodles. Has anyone heard or have purchased an puppy from Bar-None Poodles? They are in Corpus Christi TX.
Thanks,
Jennifer

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi Jennifer,
Welcome. I have a 13 year old gal that is failing me now, but on a happy note, I am on a list for a litter that was just born a couple of weeks ago. I have done a little research on a few breeders, I do not know that one, but curious, how did you pick them? Close to home or do you know someone that got a puppy from them? I always like to have a few recommendations on the breeder myself. I had a bad experience with a potential breeder that was less expensive, so I am interested. Let em know if I can help, Suzanne

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This one is close to where I live. I know someone who's neighbor has one of their SP.
We have e-mailed back and forth. I will be calling her next week to chat.
Thanks,
Jennifer

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi, That's always great when you can talk to someone that has one of their dogs, hopefully a few years old so you know if anything has surfaced. There are lots af good reputable breeders out there that will also ship (although it is more difficult in summer - but we will be in cooler weather soon). I thought I had my breeder picked out and I asked to me a gal locally again to see her 1 year old and I was not as impressed the second time around. You can always ask for breeder references here if this one does not work out. May I ask what you are paying? If you don't want to say, I'm not offended.
Let us know how you're doing, Suzanne

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think they are 1200 or so. that doesn't inclued getting them spayed or microchiped.
You'll Find another one.
Jenn

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi Jenn, That is really reasonable. I didn't see many for under $1500 or so. I did find a couple that were less but like I said I did have trouble with one, not including any spaying or shipping. I was refererred to many breeders by one and they were $1800 and up, even as much as $2500. Shipping,spay,chipping were all extras. Normally you get that stuff done on your own at your vet. I would also go to any local dog shows where poodles are showing and just talk to people around, it's a great way to see a lot of breeders.

Julia - Yes, Cabernet is where our puppy will be coming from, we get to see the litter tomorrow for the first time.

Suzanne

·
Registered
133 Posts
Jenn- Look at infodog.com, they have a show listing in the top left corner, that is how you can find out about little local shows and you can see if a lot of standards are entered. Suzanne

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I talked to the breeder and

I will be going with this breeder if I am able to. The pup that is 1200 is 3 months. Her younger pups are more 1800 I think. She shows SP. She really doesn't breed to breed. There are a lot of breeders that charge a little more and do spayed/neuter,micro. So I guess it the relationship and trust that you have in the breeder that counts and of course the health and temperament of the pup.
She is willing to bring the puppy to see us to determine if DH will have an allergy problem. Then we will visit her.
Thanks,
Jenn:D

·
Registered
133 Posts
Sounds exciting. Has the breeder brought the pup by yet? I have a puppy coming an about three weeks, we are very excited for the new arrival.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts