Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I am a big animal lover in general and most recently the proud mama of a baby spoo. I am looking forward to getting to know you all better.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Welcome olypicsfan!!! I am also an Olympics fan, as a matter of fact, we are watching long track speed skating while I type this. Where are you from? If you are an American, wow, what an Olympics you all are having. And tomorrows hockey game between Canada and the uSA ought to be a nail biter!

Congrats on your Spoo baby, and I hope you find this forum helpful and educational. We love photos here, so in between events on TV, if you get a maonet, we would love to meet your little one!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey that's funny, we are too!
Thanks for the welcome. I will try and get some pics of the baby loaded soon to show you.

I do have a question. Maybe you can give me some feedback. I am wondering if it is common for the breeder to insist on naming the dog on the registration papers? Ours is insisting on it and we are a little upset about it. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Hey that's funny, we are too!
Thanks for the welcome. I will try and get some pics of the baby loaded soon to show you.

I do have a question. Maybe you can give me some feedback. I am wondering if it is common for the breeder to insist on naming the dog on the registration papers? Ours is insisting on it and we are a little upset about it. Any thoughts?
Every puppy I have ever bought was named by the breeder, and I like to name mine too. I usually go with themed litters. 2008's litter was all Beatle's songs, and 2009's were all Michael Jackson songs. I try to choose names so if they go on to be in conformation shows or performance events, they are catchy attractive names that appear in the show catalogues. So, I would think most breeders wish to do the same.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, thanks so much for letting us know. Are you in or near Vancouver? BTW, i was looking at some of your pics and you're red puppies are beautiful. So unusual!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
No, we are about 3,200 miles east of Vancouver, near Toronto. All Canadians are into this Olympics though and are excited it is being hosted in our homeland. You are welcome for the info. Thanks so much for the kind words about my furkids!!

·
Registered
232 Posts
:welcome: I too have always had my dogs named by the breeder. I named all my baby miniature horses as well. It's a good thing to have your kennel or farm name on what you are producing.

BUT I got lucky and get to name my Spoo whatever I want! He's going to be
"Sir Gentry Schroder" :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts