Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am poodlemama from Mentor, Ohio and I have 4 toy poodles. Omar is black and will be 11 in April, Lila is red and will be 11 in June, Maggie is red and will be 6 in August, and Nicholas is a silver phantom and will be 4 in August.

Nicholas was born with luxating patellas and had orthopedic surgery to correct them when he was a year old. He now runs like the wind and it is so wonderful to see. Before the surgery his knees would give out on him when he tried to run. I am glad he found me so that we could fix his knees and give him a good life.

Omar had a slight stroke last year but is still fat and sassy.

Lila has a bit of obessive compulsive disorder so she loves to lick and lick and lick. She is also afraid of shadows so she gets carried by her daddy alot. Hmmmmm I think she is the smartest.

Maggie is the leader of the pack and the player of the group. Every night we have to play with her until she gets tired.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
You're a busy poodle mama! I have 2 standards Olie is apricot and Suri is silver and then two poms. Welcome:) Whenever you can post some pictures of your poodle pack!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Welcome Poodlemama!! And welcome to your itty bitty furkids. We love photos here, so whenever you get a few moments, we would love to see your pack.

I have a red standard, Holly, and a silver standard, Thinker, and a mommy/son Whippet team, Iris and Wiz.

Hope you enjoy it here and find it helpful!!!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Welcome Poodlemama, turns out we are neighbors. I live in the bulls eye of the snow belt, just south of you! Would love to see pictures of your toys! Do you groom them yourself?

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Here are the kids. Maggie is the leader, Omar and Nicholas are guarding and Lila could care less. LOL.

I used to groom myself but I went back to work and it was just too much to spend an entire day on the weekend so now they go to Petworks once a month. Tomorrow is spa day and I love it when they come home smelling sooooo good and looking so cute.

Your baby is gorgeous. Are you in Chardon?

Attachments

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
profile pic

Why doesnt my profile picture show up under my user name? Thanks and I look forward to talking to everyone and seeing everyone's babies. This is going to be fun.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Your babies are so cute!!! Sounds like they keep you busy. Mine do too. I have a black toy, Reece. She is our baby, but she knows how to work her daddy. He is wrapped around her little finger. Welcome...:)

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks

Glad I found you guys. I love talking about my babies and meeting other poodle lovers. My black boy Omar was my first poodle as an adult. Growing up I had baron who was black and then Cinnamon who was apricot. I have always had poodles.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Welcome to you and your lovely babies! I have two standards; a 16-month old, male, black, and a 1-year old, female, apricot. We love pictures!!

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks

Your babies are gorgeous. I love standards but it is a little weird to see my babies blown up to supersize. LOL. Probably how you feel seeing your babies shrunken down to tiny size.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
better than tv

We have so much fun with them I cant begin to tell you. They are so good for my health and make me laugh every day. Especially the young one Nicholas. He is always into something. And since we fixed his knees he is sooooo fast too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello poodlemama

I love the pics. They are so cute. I am glad your babies found you as well sounds like you are giving them such a loving home. My little girl is 18 months and she is a doll. I have never had something love me the way she does. It is a amazing feeling. glad to meet you.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yes they give us more love than any human ever will including your spouse and children.

I can't wait to go home at night to see the kids. They make everything better after a hard days work. I only plan on working outside the home for about 3 more years and then I will be home with the guys again and I can't wait. Even though they have each other I feel bad leaving them all day and miss them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts