• Not Sure

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just adopted a dog named Benny last Monday and we were told he was a YorkiePoo; however, I saw an ad online last night from the lady we got Benny from and she has a Chi-Poo puppy for sale and her ad says, and I quote, "dad 5lbs chihuahua, mom 4lb toy poodle. Past pups have grown to look just like yorkipoos and this guy will too"
The lady we got Benny from said she had only had him for a week, but the picture of the momma dog she has posted for the Chi-Poo she has for sale looks JUST like Benny!

This makes me wonder if he is really a Chihuahua/Poodle Mix and not a Yorkie/Poodle Mix. Now, don't get me wrong...I really don't care what he is because I love him so much already, but for health reasons, I feel that it is important to know what breed he is. Also, it makes me wonder if she lied about having him for only a week and had him for however old he is and wanted to breed him and couldn't. I looked on another website that has pictures of a Chi-Poo and it looked just like my Benny...before his haircut.

Below is a picture of Benny BEFORE his haircut.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is a picture of the mom and dad of the Chi-Poo the lady we got Benny from has for sale. Doesn't Benny look just like the momma??

The last picture is of a Chi-Poo I found online...that looks very similar to a Yorkie and how Benny looked before his haircut.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As I stated before, the lady said she had only had Benny for a week and got him from an older couple who could not keep him because they lost their house and had to move into an apartment. My thing is that how can Benny look so much like that poodle and the whole fact that she posted an ad claiming that the Chi-Poo's will look like YorkiePoo's. It makes me believe that she lied to me.

Also, I am not concerned of what breed he is, but it would be nice to know for health reasons.

Thank you so much to everyone who read this. Your opinions are GREATLY appreciated!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I emailed the person I got him from and asked if he was a Chi-Poo or YorkiePoo...this was her response:

"I only had Benny for about 2 weeks. I would never deceive anyone! Our toy poodle is the same age as Benny! Yes, we bred her to our chihuahua one other time and their puppies look just like yorkipoos, the black and tan ones! Benny's previous owner bought him in Florida. That is all I know about him. I feel a bit offended that you even asked me this."

I never meant to offend her...I just saw that she had an ad for a chi-poo and the picture of the mama poodle looked so much like Benny, that I just wanted to ask her if she was a chi-poo or yorkie-poo

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I have a yorkipoo... she is not black, but shaved she looks very similar to Benny in the groomed pictures you posted. (just not black)
She was a dark chocolate brown when we got her - she faded and she now has the yorkie coloring and the body of a poodle.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
He actually looks like a schnoodle to me. I had a friend that had one and she looked almost exactly like him. Schnauzer and poodle would be my guess.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I voted "Yorkiepoo" but honestly the mixes seemed to end up all over the place. None of them have a consistent look. If I were you I would cut ties with the lady you got him from. If she's breeding Chihuahua, Poodle mixes then she doesn't have much integrity or credibility, JMO. I'm glad Benny is with you and not her.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I voted "Yorkiepoo" but honestly the mixes seemed to end up all over the place. None of them have a consistent look. If I were you I would cut ties with the lady you got him from. If she's breeding Chihuahua, Poodle mixes then she doesn't have much integrity or credibility, JMO. I'm glad Benny is with you and not her.
I second that motion!!!!

·
Registered
183 Posts
In this modern day and age....

if you are super curious and want to know.....

a veterinarian can run a DNA test to find out the breed mix.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
There is that, it sounds like a great idea also to investigate potential genetic problems each breed they are mixed with, so you oculd have a heads up on what to look for. Have you ever had it done? I wonder how much something like that would cost?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Ohh tough to say what breed Benny is. I did a Google image search for "black yorkie poo" and many faces popped up similar to your Benny. I then did "black chi poo", and again, many familiar faces showed up.
However, I do feel that he looks more like a Yorkie Poo compared with the images I came across :)

Good luck! He is cute as a button!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts