Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Just joined. I have been looking for an active poodle forum for awhile. I've belonged to Yorkie boards for years but could never find a poolde forum! I googled "poodle forum" and here I am!

I have been involved with toy dogs all my life (although I admire Standard Poodles from a far!:)). My first dog (while still in my mother's womb) was a toy poodle named Button (he had a fancy show name but I was far too young to recolect what that was!). Then came Annie, Cossette, Trevor and now our youngest is 14 month old Phoebe.

Phoebe competes in UKC conformation and has her UKC championship. I am now training her for dog agility (I have a Yorkie with a MACH so Phoebe is not my first agility dog and I'd be happy to answer any questions folks might have about agility/showing).

I've posted a link to Phoebe's Youtube training videos below:

(she's a fast little black blurr - so don't blink!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL6IwAjrIiE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqtjFJIRGEk

My avatar is of Phoebe's mom - an apricote. Phoebe's is a little difficult to photograph because she is SO black. I have photos of my other kids and their pals on my gallery pages of my website:

http://www.mightymitedoggear.com/photos.html

I run Mighty Mite Dog Gear which is a website that specializes in training and showing equipment for dog show people as well as people interested in dog sports like agility, flyball, obedience, etc. While a good majority of the products are geared for mini and toy poodles - there are also "all dog" products like shampoos and soft dog crates/ dog tents (my friend's Standard Poodle MayDay - who sadly passed over the rainbow bridge this past year -was one of the dogs who helped me develop the dog tents. Mayday was a poodle who was ranked among the top poodles in USDAA agility competition and was his mom's muse, she a pro photographer. He was full of exuberence and love of life and his passing has touched us all. He was a great "Test" dog for the tents because of his Royal size and his forever wagging tail;) ).

Glad to meet you all!

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Welcome aboard :)

Glad to have someone here that will be able to help others who want to show or train for such things!

Welcome.
-Todd

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Welcome to the forum. :)
Do you breed toy poodles? I am a devout Standard Poodle owner and always thought toys were adorable, but was never comfortable with the idea of having them around my Standards. I was always afraid toys were too fragile to be in the same household as the big guys. Any advice on that???

·
Registered
163 Posts
Welcome to the forum. :)
Do you breed toy poodles? I am a devout Standard Poodle owner and always thought toys were adorable, but was never comfortable with the idea of having them around my Standards. I was always afraid toys were too fragile to be in the same household as the big guys. Any advice on that???
Actually, I have a similar situation. My little one isn't a standard poodle, he is a chihuahua. You'd be surprised how gentle they can be! My poodle knows when he is playing too rough and usually he lays down on his back when they are going to play. The chihuahua jumps around on top of him and they "wrestle" that way.

You'd want to have a place for the dogs to "hide" or escape if you've got multiple standards that like to roughhouse together. My chi has access to the couch and he has his own small crate in the back if he wants to get away and be by himself. (This is when he gets treats usually so he grabs them and darts away!)

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Actually, I have a similar situation. My little one isn't a standard poodle, he is a chihuahua. You'd be surprised how gentle they can be! My poodle knows when he is playing too rough and usually he lays down on his back when they are going to play. The chihuahua jumps around on top of him and they "wrestle" that way.

You'd want to have a place for the dogs to "hide" or escape if you've got multiple standards that like to roughhouse together. My chi has access to the couch and he has his own small crate in the back if he wants to get away and be by himself. (This is when he gets treats usually so he grabs them and darts away!)
Moose was the same way when he was little he would play with little kids and jump around but be sure never to touch them.... now days it seems he has no idea where his feet are as he steps on me occasionally.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I wish I had a kid to practice with! My standard (he is 8 months old..still a puppy!) doesn't know how to behave around children yet. He NEVER sees them, I've had a hard time working with that one.

I need to find some sturdy pre teen kids that like dogs to introduce him to instead of squealing young ones that spook him, lol!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Hello there! great video and picture links...your furkids are very nice looking! Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Hi there :wave: I am a big dog person but I just love the look of the toys, maybe one day I'll have one of each size and colour :rofl:

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
great videos! I love the standard play with the poodle! I think my Ginger would love to do that but I can't ha ha!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts