Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not actually Pushkin - that's the name of our silver mini :) He's only 5 weeks old and is still with the breeder, obviously, but we've pretty much settled on a name. We're flying to pick him up in 4 weeks :ahhhhh:

We've been waiting to bring a poodle into our family for probably 3 years, and finally everything is ready. I've been lurking here, reading up on things for at least 10 months as I've started my research into reputable breeding, health testing, puppy rearing, training, etc. It's been awhile since I've had a puppy, and I certainly hadn't put as much thought into it as a kid... I have to say, this forum is SUCH a treasure trove!

I've had 2 mini poodles in my family and am in love with the breed. The one my parents have now is Mickey, 8 years old. He is the most human-like, quirky little doggo I've ever seen. He is also really smart and picks things up very fast.

We live in NorCal but will have to skip Poodle Day - that's the exact date we're picking Pushkin up.

·
Registered
7,086 Posts
Pushkin - very cute name. And it will be Poodle Day for you in a most personal way since you get to take Pushkin home with you.

I have a silver minipoo too and I get so many people commenting on how they love her color. The ombré pattern with dark top knot to pale pompoms on her feet is fascinating.

·
Premium Member
22,869 Posts
Welcome to PF. Congrats on your upcoming gotcha day. And yes Skylar said it right, this year you will have personal poodle day, next year you can do the festivities with everyone else.

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Welcome to PF! Glad to have you here! Hope you will share Pushkin with us ......we do love puppy pictures and puppy stories! Remember, we are here to help you if you need it! Happy Puppyhood! BTW Who did you get your pup from? Minis are hard to find here in CA!

·
Premium Member
9,558 Posts
Congratulations! I do hope you will share the journey. I love watching the silvers change. We have another new member in San Francisco searching for a mini breeder. They’re hard to find.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pushkin - very cute name. And it will be Poodle Day for you in a most personal way since you get to take Pushkin home with you.

I have a silver minipoo too and I get so many people commenting on how they love her color. The ombré pattern with dark top knot to pale pompoms on her feet is fascinating.
Thanks! Indeed. And I love silver. It wasn't a hard requirement, but my first poodle was silver and I'm lucky to have found a breeder with a litter.

Welcome to PF. Congrats on your upcoming gotcha day. And yes Skylar said it right, this year you will have personal poodle day, next year you can do the festivities with everyone else.
Haha indeed

Welcome to PF! Glad to have you here! Hope you will share Pushkin with us ......we do love puppy pictures and puppy stories! Remember, we are here to help you if you need it! Happy Puppyhood! BTW Who did you get your pup from? Minis are hard to find here in CA!
Yep, pictures will come; we're creating an Instagram for him as well ? I really appreciate the help. The breeder is actually in Nevada - Ash's Mystical. I found positive mentions of her on this forum, and talked to her extensively while waiting for a litter. I was impressed with her level of knowledge, patience and dedication to the puppies. Not once did she talk price or try to "sell" me on anything - if anything, I'm still not guaranteed to get a puppy until she evaluates their temperaments. We're flying there to visit & pick him up.

Congratulations! I do hope you will share the journey. I love watching the silvers change. We have another new member in San Francisco searching for a mini breeder. They’re hard to find.
Thanks! Yeah I did a lot of research. I found a few, actually: Clarion, Noriko, Baroque, Moonstruck, Bar King, Baby Dog

1 - 7 of 7 Posts