Poodle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I am researching reputable breeders for a future (1-2 years) mini poodle pup. I'm waiting for hubby to retire so that he can be home with the new baby while I work! I had a mini poodle as a child, and more recently, my beautiful boy Rudy passed 3 years ago, and I still miss him terribly. Not having a dog in the house is very difficult for me, but I'm sure you'll agree with me when I say that the timing has to be right to bring a new puppy into the house. I'm really glad that I found this forum. Any and all information you can give me will be greatly appreciated! I have already contacted the PCA and have gotten a lot of great information from them. Thanks in advance, and I'll be looking at all of the great stuff you have on here in my free (lol) time!
Laura

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Hi, Laura. Welcome to Poodle Forum! This is the place for Poodle information, advice, and tips. I'm still new to owning a Poodle, but members who have more experience than I do will definitely be able to help you more. We would like pictures when you get your baby?

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Welcome. Miniatures are the most difficult to find, especially if you are looking for one that is close to the breed standard. Perhaps, you could share your general location, just in case someone knows of a breeder they like near where you live. Oh, and sorry about the loss of your beloved Rudy; I lost a girl about seven years ago, and I still miss her. You will this forum is a great resource. Good luck in your search!

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Welcome! I love how thoughtfully you're approaching this process. It's very tempting to be impulsive when you're grieving. (I speak from experience!)

Once you share your general location, I'm sure you'll get some good recommendations.
Welcome! I love how thoughtfully you're approaching this process. It's very tempting to be impulsive when you're grieving. (I speak from experience!)

Once you share your general location, I'm sure you'll get some good recommendations.
Same here!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I live on Long Island in NY, but I am willing to travel a good distance for a well-bred puppy!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Some PF members in your area have minis from Light n Lively and Eriand. You can search on the forum to find out more about them, and I believe they have websites. Hopefully some of our east coast members will chime in with other recommendations. Good luck on your search!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Welcome, Laura! So nice to have such an experienced and thoughtful poodle person join the group! I wish you the best of luck on your search :D

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
I have a pup from Light n Lively and she is everything I dreamed of. She is beautiful, which you can see from the pics, but also has a great personality. Good with kids, other dogs, all people. Every person and dog she meets is her new BFF. Very healthy. I will be competing in agility with her and she is doing well with training. Love this girl!

I recently switched vets to a practice that has a specialty in reproductive health, so they see a lot of high quality breeding dogs. Everyone commented on how great Gracie’s conformation was and the fact that she naturally stacked on the table. Also commented on her beautiful coat, it is a thick, lustrous, shiny black. It’s like black velvet.

She has a white blaze, which is a fault and uncommon in the line, but I will not be doing conformation with her, or breeding her, so it’s not an issue. I think it’s actually rather cute.

If Light n Lively’s timeline does not work for you, Songbird is another good NE breeder. I’ve seen her dogs in agility and they are nice. Gracie has a few Songbird dogs in her pedigree, so the lines are similar. If you want more info, happy to talk in a PM if that’s easier.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Songbird was one of the breeders I had considered. By the time she responded I had already found my puppy so I didn’t get one of hers. But I did recommend her to someone locally who got a beautiful puppy from her. They loved the puppy so much they went back to Songbird the next year for another puppy.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Thanks Skylar for that input. I talked to her a few years ago when I was still in the researching phase and she was very nice. She’s one of the good ones ?

Reactions: Skylar and lciano

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have a pup from Light n Lively and she is everything I dreamed of. She is beautiful, which you can see from the pics, but also has a great personality. Good with kids, other dogs, all people. Every person and dog she meets is her new BFF. Very healthy. I will be competing in agility with her and she is doing well with training. Love this girl!

I recently switched vets to a practice that has a specialty in reproductive health, so they see a lot of high quality breeding dogs. Everyone commented on how great Gracie’s conformation was and the fact that she naturally stacked on the table. Also commented on her beautiful coat, it is a thick, lustrous, shiny black. It’s like black velvet.

She has a white blaze, which is a fault and uncommon in the line, but I will not be doing conformation with her, or breeding her, so it’s not an issue. I think it’s actually rather cute.

If Light n Lively’s timeline does not work for you, Songbird is another good NE breeder. I’ve seen her dogs in agility and they are nice. Gracie has a few Songbird dogs in her pedigree, so the lines are similar. If you want more info, happy to talk in a PM if that’s easier.
Thank you so much! Gracie is stunning! I will keep both breeders in mind, and contact you at a later time if that's okay. Again, I'm not quite ready just yet, but hoping to be soon!
Laura

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Welcome to the forum Laura! It’s wonderful you are thinking and planning ahead. It’s a lot of fun when you can get sold on 1 or 2 breeders, and if they have websites, watch what’s going on with them while you are waiting for the time to be right. My biggest problem with that is I want a puppy Now every time I look at the site.

I am unfamiliar with breeders in your area, but wish you the best in your search! Minis are awesome!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts