Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,103 Posts
Glad you could join us and thanks for introducing us. Although I have a standard I love looking at pictures of the little ones.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad you could join us and thanks for introducing us. Although I have a standard I love looking at pictures of the little ones.
I love standards! I think they are stunning, and all of the ones that I’ve met were super sweet and fun! Lol.

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Wow, what a cutie. Welcome to you and Penelope.

Since you are a new mom to Penelope you may not be aware that poodle puppies should have their face shaved as part of getting used to a life time of grooming. When Penelope is older and used to having her face shaved you can then grow it out and shape it however you like. Same with her feet and sanitary area. I don’t know if groomers are allowed to work where you live. If they are you should make an appointment to bring her in to get started. It should be a short appointment so Penelope learns to enjoy grooming. If not you can ask for help.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, what a cutie. Welcome to you and Penelope.

Since you are a new mom to Penelope you may not be aware that poodle puppies should have their face shaved as part of getting used to a life time of grooming. When Penelope is older and used to having her face shaved you can then grow it out and shape it however you like. Same with her feet and sanitary area. I don’t know if groomers are allowed to work where you live. If they are you should make an appointment to bring her in to get started. It should be a short appointment so Penelope learns to enjoy grooming. If not you can ask for help.
Hi! She’s getting it done next session! She’s a little bit skiddish, and we wanted to take it slow. I’ll have to take photos this weekend when she gets it done. She did get her sanitary area shaved though and I file her nails at home. She had loads of fun. It’s been almost four weeks so she’s due for another.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts