Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just dropping an intro in here so hopefuly I can get to know a couple of people.

My husband and I live in Northwest florida and show Tibetan Spaniels. I'm a groomer and pet trainer and stay buys with our dogs, currently we are doing Rally-O with the tibbies. We have reccently purchased and settled into our new home which has a large fenced yard. Wonderful after spending a year in an appartment!! Our fist wedding anniversary is comming up in a few days and as a gift to me my husband agreed to adopting a standard poodle that was being rehomed by her family. We brought our girl home this past friday and are soooo excited to have her! What a great dog she is! She's also a very lucky dog but thats a story for another post. We have decided to shorten the name she came with from Jasmine to Jazz. I am totally in love, and thankfuly both of our current dogs seem to love jazz as well. I can't wait to get her started in obedience/agility. Already she has tagged along with us for our local kennel club's public education booth we had out our county fair this past weekend.

Well I guess thats a good enough intro, I never know quite what to wright :) though I could talk about my dogs for hours I'm sure.

I can't resist posting a picture so here she is.

~Leia

·
Registered
627 Posts
Welcome Wonderpup! Congrats on your new family member! We're looking forward to hearing more from you and seeing lots of pictures!!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup she is a standard, she weighs just shy of 50 lbs. I can't wait until her coat grows out some and I can put her in a cute "poodle cut" as my clients call it. I haven't decided which style yet, but she's so short now that I'll have plenty of time to think it over. When I groomed her on friday all I was able to do was her face and feet and trim down the giant top knot she had. I should post a before picture lol. I also scissored the puff on her tail off because it looked funny, and wasn't set in the right place on her tail.

How dorky am I, we've had her less than a week and already her nails have been painted three different times. Presently they are a lovely mauve color that is very subtle, much more her style than the hot pink she had in the photos above.

-Leia

1 - 11 of 11 Posts