Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,622 Posts
Welcome! Toffee is adorable! We love puppy pictures and members are very generous when you have questions.

·
Premium Member
4,029 Posts
We have so many great toy poodles here - just ask a question and I'm sure they will reply. Personally I love seeing the toys, even tho I have a spoo.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Toffee is really cute!

My first piece of advice is to get started on clipping right away so he becomes accustomed to it. Toys are, I think, harder to clip than standards or minis because they are so small.

My other advice is to start on tooth brushing ASAP since small dogs typically have more problems with teeth and gum disease.

·
Registered
7,158 Posts
Toffee is so cute. I used to have an apricot tpoo that my kids named Taffy - your Toffee reminds me of our Taffy. We had Taffy for 20 wonderful years - she was a great dog and your Toffee looks like he's wonderful too.

I echo what Johanna mentioned - Toffee should have had his face clipped several times by the breeder before you picked him up as part of the process of getting used to grooming. Poodles have a lifetime of grooming and it's critical to start as soon as possible and regularly. After they are used to grooming, then you can grow their face back out with a mustache.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts