Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all,
I have been a member for a few weeks and have learned a lot about poodles!
Presently hubby an I have one lab, one "mutt" (both rescues) 5 Maltese one of which is a rehomed!
We always said that when out lab would leave us we would get a beautiful Black Standard girl!!:)
So, a few weeks ago, when we were told that he would not be with us for very long, we brought him back home figuring we had a few months.To help ease the pain, that same evening I started looking for a breeder knowing that it does take a very long time to find a breeder: took me more than a year for my first Maltese!!
I was very excited because I found a breeder (on the CKC website) that is approximately 40 minutes from here!! I emailed them, explaining the whole situation and saying that we would probably be ready for a new baby next year.
Never got an answer.

Well, as of today our beloved lab has 2 days left as he is getting worst really fast and we have made an appointment for him on Saturday! We will be bringing back home to be buried in the woods he loves so much!

We are now undecided as to whether we are going to get this little girl any time soon, but if you do not mind, I would like to stay as a member and keep learning more about the breed. My extended family always had some Toy Poodle, but I am really enthralled about the Standard!
Diane

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Welcome Diane.

I am sorry to hear about your lab, it seems he has a great family.

If there is one thing I have come to know is dogs just make a home a much better place! And having a SP, is the greatest joy so I hope your able to find the right person to get yours. You've come to a good place to start!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I've been in the email business for over 10 years, so do not trust that your email has gotten to them, spam filtering by these big service providers can catch even the good emails. Followup by phone if possible. Don't give up your search. I waited a while for my last SPoo and it came from your way. BTW I have 4 SPoos and 2 Minis.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Welcome to you ! I am so sorry to hear of your labs illness .. My heartfelt thoughts and prayers go out you !Sounds like you are a wonderful loving home....

·
Registered
263 Posts
So very sorry to hear about your lab. I think many of us on this forum know your pain. Our beloved friends are just not with us long enough. My prayers are with you and your family.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
So sorry to hear about Charlie. I wish him a peaceful, loved filled last day. It's very hard to say goodbye to our beloved pets.

I know it is probably WAY too soon, but I know a breeder in Toronto that has 3 black standard pups that are around 11-12 weeks old looking for homes. Not sure if there are any females left, but PM me if you are interested.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
I am so very sorry to hear about your sick dog!! My heart breaks for you because I know how it feels. My thoughts and prayers will be with you over the next couple of months, while you go through the loss and the grieving process. Just know, there is no right or wrong way to walk through this process, and the days you feel you cant get through it, you will, and will be bolstered by the kind thoughts and words of others.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I'm so very sorry. Having lost 'the most perfect dog ever' a few years ago, I know the heartache is unbearable. I'll bet you gave him the best happiest home he could ever have wished for.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts