Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there,
I just wanted to introduce myself... my name is Heather and I have a new Red Standard Poodle baby arriving home Aug 21! I thought I better join a forum in case I needed some moral support and since all I want to talk about lately is POODLES this should help satisfy me!
I live in Trenton Ontario, so I'd love to know if anyone out there is close by, love to hook up for a play date once my little guy is ready to meet friends!
:)

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Hahaha... I don't know about helping with the addiction, but I will help foster one! Welcome to the forum. Your poodle looks like a real cutie! Beautiful color.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Hi Heather! Thanks for pming me the name. I'm focusing on blacks/ black and whites for now but will for sure keep them in mind if I decide to go red.

Your pup is BEAUTIFUL! I love the colour. Did the breeder mention whether that colour will stay or fade over time?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Heather! Thanks for pming me the name. I'm focusing on blacks/ black and whites for now but will for sure keep them in mind if I decide to go red.

Your pup is BEAUTIFUL! I love the colour. Did the breeder mention whether that colour will stay or fade over time?
She's been very upfront and honest about coat color... I know he may very well fade some over time, most do... both mom and dad are on site and are a gorgeous color of red! Dad does not carry the dilute gene so we're hoping our little guy maintains his color fairly well. Either way, by the time he starts fading, I'll be so in love with him... who cares!! (kinda like spouses! lol)

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Either way, by the time he starts fading, I'll be so in love with him... who cares!! (kinda like spouses! lol)
Definitely! It's hard to predict coat colour, but by the time it starts fading you're so in love it doesn't matter. The fact that the parents have held their colour might be a good sign, but I actually like the look of faded reds as well.

When we first got into PWDs, we liked the look of wavy and jet black with a little bit of white on the chest. 20 years later my mom has a gal with brown grey wiry curly hair that she thinks is the best dog she's had! Oh and we put her in the lion clip, which we also started out swearing we would never do. She's the opposite of everything we liked about the PWD and we couldn't love her more. Go figure!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh I'm pretty sure I already have an addiction! I'm currently looking at COACH dog collars on Ebay! I don't even own a Coach bag! Something's wrong with this picture! :curl-lip:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Welcome heather,
You sound like me i get my black standard poodle pup on 4th of september!
All i can do is talk about him!
I think i talk about him 14 to 50 times a day!
already have his bed etc here!
Sandy:welcome:

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol! well then I'm not the only one! I want to get one of those peticure things for his nails... anyone know a good one to get? we have hardwood floors and I'm hoping to keep it relatively scratch free!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am so excited that i have been up on you tube looking at newborn poodle puppies! Wondering what mine will look like when i pick him up!
My fiancee has bought me poodles for dummy's book! Wow the things that i have read in it!
My fiancee says i am always talking about the poodle now! He said poor me you will forget about me when you get the pup!
I said no i will love you even more if that can be done!
Sandy

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Hi Heather! Welcome to the board!!!
I got my red girl, Bindi, from Canada too!
We are currently showing in UKC conformation Shows, she can be seen at Patriot Poodles web site.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
YAY Canada! :canada:
Bindi is gorgeous! She's from Bijou, I've spent a lot of time on that website and was in contact with them! They were one of the breeders I was considering! Great dogs! And your Bindi's a real beauty for sure!! thanks for the warm welcome!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts