Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be shunned from this board as I am not a poodle owner BUT a poodle lover.
I am Janelle and I have been a groomer for 27 yrs ,specializing in full scissor grooms.
Now that I wore my arm and back out grooming full time .I Now groom at home 2 days a week(wednesdays and saturdays) from a hand picked clientel. I do not advertise and I no longer take new clients.
I also work as a full time veterinary assistant for last 10 years for the same Dr in 3 different clinics .I have worked with some of oklahoma's finest veterinarians. But have been Dr johnsons main assistant.
I Have what I think is an exellent knowlege of poodles
I use high end equipment and products in my shop
Show seasons
Isle of dogs
Quaraped
Les pooch brushes
and Chris Christensen
and my shears are Kamasori
I have been reading your boards this evening and looks like you guys are a great group(does'nt help to butter you up huh)
anyways Howdy from Oklahoma
Janelle

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
We won't shun you, but we may bleed you dry with questions about grooming. :) I need a good Isle of Dog conditioner for my show coat. Which one should I get?

BTW... What kind of dog do you have?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Iod

The IOD conditioner I recoment is the evening primrose oil conditioner it has a number as the name but is escaping me what it is .
My babies Include
an 11 yr old golden retriever Lindy
a 8 yr old rat terrier ( the love of my life) Rita
and a 3 yr old 5 lb chihuahua who is attached at the hip to her daddy Bebe

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Hi Janellle and welcome!!

Are you in Oklahoma City? Do you happen to groom three Spooos for the Righthouses? One of my babies went there, and I thought it would be a VERY small world if you were Rory, Desi and Andi's groomer!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
YES I know Vicki Righthouse .I used to groom her standard years ago
I remember Desi but don;t know the other 2.Do you groom them??????
Ask her if she remembers me .I used to work at Wedgewood pet Clinic
I swear Oklahoma City is the biggest small town on earth

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
YES I know Vicki Righthouse .I used to groom her standard years ago
I remember Desi but don;t know the other 2.Do you groom them??????
Ask her if she remembers me .I used to work at Wedgewood pet Clinic
I swear Oklahoma City is the biggest small town on earth
The whole world seems to be getting smaller!! Bogey, her male, passed away several months ago and she contacted me after a period of grieving to get a red Standard puppy from me and that would be Rory. No, I don't groom them, I live in Ontario, Canada. Bless their hearts, they flew all the way to Toronto to bring the puppy home in the cabin with them the very next day so he wouldn't have to fly alone in cargo. They are the nicest people!!! A bunch of us from all over are hoping to come to OK. City next spring or the following spring to have a big Poodle reunion!! Maybe I will meet you then. Seriously, a bit of weirdness. It does seem as you get older the world just shrinks!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The whole world seems to be getting smaller!! Bogey, her male, passed away several months ago and she contacted me after a period of grieving to get a red Standard puppy from me and that would be Rory. No, I don't groom them, I live in Ontario, Canada. Bless their hearts, they flew all the way to Toronto to bring the puppy home in the cabin with them the very next day so he wouldn't have to fly alone in cargo. They are the nicest people!!! A bunch of us from all over are hoping to come to OK. City next spring or the following spring to have a big Poodle reunion!! Maybe I will meet you then. Seriously, a bit of weirdness. It does seem as you get older the world just shrinks!!
wow this blows my mind such a small world ..I have a client in the market for a black standard female have any sugestions

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Do they mind shipping from Canada?? I would say Dawin or Tango have the most glorious blacks I have seen in a VERY long time. If you'd like, I could look up their web sites and forward their addresses on to you.

Lets stay in touch. I will let Vicki know we have talked on here. She is going to freak out!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do they mind shipping from Canada?? I would say Dawin or Tango have the most glorious blacks I have seen in a VERY long time. If you'd like, I could look up their web sites and forward their addresses on to you.

Lets stay in touch. I will let Vicki know we have talked on here. She is going to freak out!!!
I am sure money is not much of an object to these people, and they would want a sound breed and she loves all the little quirks and beauty of a standard.
They have a toy black female now and i see groom her every week,she is dying for a standard as soon as they get moved into their new home. I have googled them and sending her the links.
Any in the states that you know of?

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
I do not follow the US breeders much, so none that I can think of. But these two breed some seriously beautiful dogs!!!! I will keep my ear to the ground and let you know if I hear of anyone.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Welcome Janelle... all that hand scissoring! Such a great talent you have but sorry that it's left you also in pain.
I am not a groomer but appreciate the hard work that they do. I love my groomers.

Black standard poodle puppies wise...
I would suggest they look on www.poodlesonline.com

They post litter announcements when pups are born. Many will already be spoken for by that time, so they should go through the list of black breeders and see when they have an upcoming litter to get on a list ahead of time.
(Especially if they are looking to bring in a puppy at a later date with a move they have in the works.)
It's the only place I refer people to go, as to be on their site, they must have their health testing done.

It's not the only way to pick a breeder, of course... but it's a place to start and then research for themselves.

Glad to have you here... poodle or not! :)

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Sorry I'm so late, it has been a busy holiday week/end! Welcome to the forum, as you've already seen, people here are pretty great. :)

It's been awhile since I've been to OKC (it had grown, none-the-less :)), but hooray for neighbors!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts