Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

We have just been adopted by a 15 week old, male, black, standard poodle. His name is Cash, henc my user name.

Cash is actually my daughters puppy although we all pitch in with him. I am excited to be able to chat with others who have trained and groomed poodles.

I have worked with professional groomers in the past and also teach beginner obedience classes.

I don't think that Cash had the socialization or amount of handling he should have before we got him and so I have been working with him, to get him to actively play with toys with us. He loves his rope toy and another stuffed animal toy, but doesn't give the tennis ball much.

Cash joins our older adult neuterd golden retriever and our adult, neutered great pyreneseXanatolian shepard. Also in our family are 3 children, myself, my husband, eight horses and two cats.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok,

Here is a not so great picture of our puppy. I gave him his first ever, and my first ever face clip. I need a little work on my technique, but I think we'll get the hang of it!

He is such a fun dog! He is so laid back and a joy to have around! (Now if we could just get the house training going a little better)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
He is a cutie and I think you did a fine job on his face. :)

As far as potty training, is he having accidents in the house? If so, do you have a crate or a play pen or just a gate to keep him fenced off in one spot? It's always a good idea if you can't watch him.

·
Registered
58 Posts
So cute. We have a 3 month old brown spoo and he give us the same cute little look! You can't help but grab him and give him a little kiss.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
He is precious. I bet he can get anything he wants with those eyes! You did do a great job with his face.

·
Registered
861 Posts
He is handsome! Welcome.

I'm impressed with your grooming. I know there will come a time when we will need to learn to do this (to save $$ it would be great - just three weeks out and already our dog is scruffy looking!), but I'm too chicken!

·
Registered
16 Posts
He is seriously cute....also great that you can do the grooming yourself. I can wash,brush and do emergency top and tail scissor trims and that's about it !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts