Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody!

I'm new to this forum! My name is Camilla, from Italy. I have a miniature dachshund girl of 5 years and I'm currently looking for a standard poodle to add to my family in the near future. I hope I will find here all the information and the advice that only who breed and/or live with a certain breed 24/7 can provide, so I can't wait to listen to all of your stories!

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Hi and Welcome!

We have only a few who breed but we've got the living with part well covered :). My brother and his wife have their second mini dachshund girl. Daphne is a pistol!

Have you had poodles before?

Reactions: Dechi

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi
Hi and Welcome!

We have only a few who breed but we've got the living with part well covered :). My brother and his wife have their second mini dachshund girl. Daphne is a pistol!

Have you had poodles before?
Not at all! I've had a miniature pinscher for 16 years just before my dachshund girl arrived. I never had a poodle but I got to know a lot of dwarfs and a very few standards and I got really fascinated by their gentle nature and their level-minded attitude (just the opposite of dachshunds that are very high spirited imps that like to bark and do any kind of mischief:LOL:)

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Let me recommend this thread so you can see what clowns poodles are also. There is a definite sense of humor and they will laugh at and with you :).

·
Registered
474 Posts
She's very pretty! I love the long haired dachshunds. I very rarely see them around where we are. I love her name too! Poodles are so much fun! I can't speak much on the standards just bc I'm a toy lover but after my first I never went back to any breed or mixes without poodle.lol

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Hello and welcome to PF ! It’s nice to see someone from Europe. I would be very interested to know how the puppy buying process goes in Italy.

I hope you’ll tell us everything ! :)

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
Welcome - I have a stamdard and love him dearly. Your dachshund is so cute. I have not seen a long haired in many years. I can tell you standards are loving, active and intelligent. My boys is such a help to me. Can't help you with breeders.as I am in the US. Hope that some of our european members will chime in.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello and welcome to PF ! It’s nice to see someone from Europe. I would be very interested to know how the puppy buying process goes in Italy.

I hope you’ll tell us everything ! :)
I hope I'll find the right puppy! Here in Italy there are very few breeders of standard poodles, and they breed essentially mainly for conformation shows. I'm looking for a dog that is in standard but I'd like to find a kennel that develop even the personality and the behavioral aspect (I'd like to do some mantrailing and advanced obedience training in the future, as I wrote in another post), alongside the health. So I'm searching even outside Italy, trying to not be in a hurry and waiting for the right kennel and the right dog to find us ❤
Hope you could help us if you happen to know something interesting or give us some advice 🙏

1 - 16 of 16 Posts