Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from Hawaii :) My family is currently looking to adopt a standard. Does anyone know of a reputable breeder in the area? Standards are pretty difficult to come by in Hawaii. We’re willing to travel between islands to pick up our pup.

·
Registered
7,676 Posts
Hi and welcome. Sorry I can’t help with suggestions.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Welcome zenny. I believe someone from the state of Hawaii joined the forum not long ago asking for information on local breeders. You might search the welcome area to try to find that person to ask if they have any leads on finding a reputable breeder. Other members might have leads for a contact person.

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Welcome to PF! A good place to start is the 'Poodle Club of Hawaii' They will usually have a breeder referral list or can point you in the right direction....they have a website with contact #'s

·
Premium Member
9,950 Posts
That’s exactly where I would start, The Poodle Club of Hawaii. There are great breeders in California, nanny transport arrangements that you can make. I know that’s pricey on top of the puppy price, so fingers crossed for local options.

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
don't be surprised if the local poodle club is unable to be that helpful. hawaii is a small place with very restrictive quarantine laws. if you can afford it, look to australia and new zealand. quarantine is costly and can mostly be avoided by importing a dog from those two countries, as they are considered to be rabies free. the cost of shipping might well be under the cost of quarantine.

Reactions: Mfmst

·
Premium Member
9,950 Posts
I didn’t know quarantine would apply from CA! Again, I hope you hit the jackpot on a local option.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts