Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hi.

Im Lisa. I know Im doin it wrong as....I do not have a poodle currently. I have a rough collie (possibly bit of sheltie mixed in as wel) named Blaze, He is a joy. He is 6.5 years old. A puppy mill dog. We currently do agility training. But another joy Im missig is a toy podle, I just adore them. So I figued I would get my poodle kick here, while I wait until summer/fall of next year to get my poodle. I think I want to try rally-o with the Toy Poodle

I work in grooming, and am currently being trained to groom. So it will help when do get a poodle lol

I grew up with 2 toy poodles and 1 half poodle (other half chiuahua)
Blaze:
Doing what he lovs best, swimming and getting dirty.

Blaze and I are also ruled by a....cat named marey, She is 1.5 yeas old. She is 6lbs of feisty feline lol

The all mighty ruler

Here she is forcing the dog to act like her lol (dont mind the dirty rug landing. carpet is well over 10 years old, 3 kids and numerous pets over hose 10 yeas have ruined the carpet lol)

Thanks for looking. and lettin my non-poodle and I join up. One day I will be posting a toy poodle...

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Welcome! You're not the only non-poodle owner here. I'm hoping to get a Standard Poodle next spring/summer. I have a Maltese and Rottweiler, both boys. (You can see them in my picture albums.)

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Welcome from me too! As harley said, there's lots of future and current poodle owners on this board. I don't even have a dog of my own, so you're one step ahead of me. :) Your pets are very cute.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
:welcome:

Oh, I love your collie. I had a collie before I got ponki... she passed away at 14, but she was an awesome pet!
Blaze looks small for a collie... so as you said he might have sheltie in him.
He's a very handsome boy, so is your kitty :)

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Hi there and welcome!. Your collie has such wonderful rich colors! We know all about being ruled by kitties in this pack! LOL We have three of them and they do whatever they want to the dogs and the dogs take it. Always amazes me!! LOL

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Your babies are beautiful.

It amazes me that my cat seems to have more control over my dog's behavior than I do. Then again, he controls my behavior, so why not the dog's too?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks every one. for the warm welcome.

Here ar a few picturs of the poodles (and mix, and collie) I grew up with.

CJ the first. as a rescue my family got after a lady was going to PTS the dog due to her not wanting it. Our vet lied about putin the dog down, since it was a young dog, and gave it to my family, this was before my time, back in he late 70's early 80's.

Here is CJ an I. I was about 1.5-2ish. She died when I was 4 in 1989.

Here we are when I was about 3-4

Here I was whn I was 4. Picking up our new poodle. we went to walmart with her for some reason. (no idea) She was from a BYB. Obviously before to much was known about them. And since I mised my CJ so much. I named this dog CJ the second lol 1989

Here is a picture taken early 2000.
all dogs in this photo are long gone to the RB. CJ the poodle ws around I want to say 12. Sweetie the black dognext to her is he accident son, he was the only in the litter so we kept him (he had sister but she was stillborn) So hi is e poodleXchi. He was about 8 or 9 in his photo. And mydear Lassie th collie, was about 13.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Awwww... We used to have a collie, Casey. My son, Jared, picked him out of the litter when we lived in Alabama in the early 80's. Casey traveled to Turkey, NY and VA with us during his life. He was the most fabulous dog for the kids. We were always stopped so kids could pet him while we lived in Turkey. He just adored, and protected Jared and Chelsea.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts