Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stumbled onto this forum while looking up my poodle's breeder; I did a google search for her name and pulled up a thread discussing her.

I have an almost 13 year old black labrador retriever (Scout) and a five year old black standard poodle. We got her from Tiara Poodles in La Jolla, CA. Jasmine is on the small side, she weighs 33 pounds and is about 20 inches tall. Many people are surprised to find she's a standard poodle.

·
Premium Member
22,983 Posts
My Lily is 22 3/4 at the withers and weighs about 36 pounds. I have often had people insist she is a moyen! Uh, no I think I know what kind of dog I have. Welcome to you and your pretty girl.

Reactions: Nromley

·
Registered
7,158 Posts
Jasmine sounds like she's a wonderful size for a spoo. Anything over 15" at the withers is a standard.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Welcome Nromley! I love the smaller standards. 33 pounds and 20 inches sounds perfect.

I know that Tiara has done some standard x mini breeding in the past. So I would not be surprised if Jasmine had a mini somewhere in her pedigree. If you have the registered names of her parents, you can look up the pedigrees here: www.poodledate.org

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Welcome to PF! Do you live in San Diego? I do! Not far from La Jolla, I am right above Mission Bay! You will find lots of great information here as well as some really nice people so I hope you will participate! Do post pictures of your Spoo too! She sounds like she is a great size to me LOL!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Born and raised in San Diego, but now live in Maryland. Yes, her breeder did breed with minis to get a smaller size poodle. I think Jazzy is an ideal size, and would consider a mini for another dog. Sorry about sideways pictures, not sure how to fix them.
I had no idea what a "Moyen" was, had to look them up.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts