Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so happy I discovered this forum---love to discuss poodles!

I have a 3 year old white Standard from the Blacktie line; his name is Joey. I live in Orlando, Fl with my hubby Tony, Joey, Mesa (a rescue ex-racer greyhound) and Zack, our 15 year old Italian Greyhound.

We are just getting involved in competing in Rally obedience, Joey earned his first two legs towards his Rally Novice title---lots of fun! We hope to move on to advanced obedience titles, then to agility---whew, lots of training but it really has created a bond between us.

:smile:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, cbrand.

While doing a search in this forum on BlackTie dogs, I noticed you posted a response to someone interested in them "..........ask hard questions about bloat."

Do you think there is any reason to be concerned, beyond the normal std poodle bloat worries?

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I think there is absolutely a genetic component to Bloat and that certain lines are at greater risk.

I don't have any specific information about Black Tie and bloat. I just think that buyers need to inform themselves about the issue, investigate via resources like poodlehealthregistry.com and ask hard questions of a breeder about where the disorder has shown up in a line.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I so enjoy taking classes and doing things with my dog. It does truely create a better and stronger bond between you. Any pictures of your boy?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Harley chik---

Yes, several Lake Coves -----including his great grand-sire Lake Cove That's My Boy, also Pinafore lines.

Thank you, he's very sweet and loving.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts